Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow 10 Mile Road Race Monday 18/03/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zinzan1

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Heard it thru the grapevine that there's no tec-tshirt this year?
    Rumours of a snood ? Any piccies?
    Better be color coordinated to go with the blue hat (2010 ) and last years red top !
    ( Last years top was one of the best training t's I ever got btw )

Ah yes, the blue hat.... you could only love it if you pounded out 10 miles for it.. and boy, I love mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Must say I have certainly got it the last two weeks around mallow in the evenings...indeed, just watched the videos in the 'buff'..:cool:
    FYP :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are you going to be posting out the race numbers for us foreigners as well? Just wary of them not arriving in time if you are so might be safer to collect on the morning in Mallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

robinph wrote: »
    Are you going to be posting out the race numbers for us foreigners as well? Just wary of them not arriving in time if you are so might be safer to collect on the morning in Mallow.

Sure we're all foreigners once you go outside the county boundaries!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I'll have an answer for you later on this evening.

• Advertisement

psychozeb wrote: »
    I'll have an answer for you later on this evening.

In regards to overseas entries,these will have to be collected at the hall on morning of the race.there will be an e-mail sent out to those affected.

Only 24 hours before entries will be taken offline. Over 1100 entries received so far so very near selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Are there pacers for this race?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Weetabix wrote: »
    Are there pacers for this race?

Yes, the race has pacers.
    As far as I know they are looking for a 60min pacer though.

As EauRouge has stated there are pacers for every 5 min incriment but are looking for a 60 min one again at present.

as of 10pm last night less than 60 places left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I registered for this before Christmas but for the life of me I can't remember if I included my postal address with my registration.
    Is there any way of checking this ?

Cheers

I registered for this before Christmas but for the life of me I can't remember if I included my postal address with my registration.
    Is there any way of checking this ?

Cheers
    If you pm me your details I can get it checked out.

Race entries are now full. Thanks to all for entering and hope you enjoy the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Race entries are now full. Thanks to all for entering and hope you enjoy the day.
    Delighted people have started to run mallow and fill it. Thr surge in running but the change of time from January has really helped this event. Apart from The long drive to get there this is a top class event that I will do every year. Great price. This is a great event full stop. When a lad flies from England to do it it speaks volumes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So who else is going for the sub 60 attempt?

Looks like we have no official pacer to follow so a bit of team work may be required to keep on target and I'd be happy of any company on the way round if we can make ourselves know to each other before the start.

Looks like we have no official pacer to follow so a bit of team work may be required to keep on target and I'd be happy of any company on the way round if we can make ourselves know to each other before the start.

There wil be 2 official 60min pacers on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Yay for pacers!

For what its worth RobinPH, my plan is still to go for sub60. I have had a new screaming baby to contend with the last couple of week so havent a clue where my training is for this - I havent been out much.
    Ah sure I suppose its just sub 6 min miles :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Is there a list of pacers available? Looking for a 75 min...

there is 2 pacers for each 5 min division from 60 up to 95.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If anyone is by any chance driving down from Dublin on Monday morning, I would rather give 50/60 quid to someone for petrol than give it to Irish Rail to sit on an empty train. Seriously, 33 quid to go to Mallow on an empty train on a bank holiday Monday...

Edit: or even driving back to Dublin afterwards...doubt me not paying them 66 quid will be much of a stand thats crazy money. Should have booked the other day when they were €19 each way, it's gone from €38 to €66 :eek:

• Advertisement

If anyone is by any chance driving down from Dublin on Monday morning, I would rather give 50/60 quid to someone for petrol than give it to Irish Rail to sit on an empty train. Seriously, 33 quid to go to Mallow on an empty train on a bank holiday Monday...
    Sounds like a great deal for anyone. You should have mentioned you will shower after race and you might get a taker.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sounds like a great deal for anyone. You should have mentioned you will shower after race and you might get a taker.

Sure I'm a lady, my sweat smells like roses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Forgive my newbie question but how would I latch onto the 75 minute pacers at the start of the race?

Normally watch out for someone with a balloon tied to them and probably a time target pinned to their back when you are milling around at the start and line up about where they do. Do not stand right on top of them though.
    Don't trip them up by running too close in the first mile, just keep them in sight and you'll then be able to tag onto the group a little way into the race after things have calmed down a bit.

If there is specific colours for the different time bands then pschozeb will probably be along with that list in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

There's no fear of me running too close to them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Good luck to us all tomorow..

Best of Luck to all today,hopefully plenty of PB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Fingers crossed the weather will hold out - nice and mild in Mallow, not too much wind and cloudy...just the conditions MallowAC asked for...
    I hear its pretty nasty weather up the country at the mo..

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

Fingers crossed the weather holds up till after the race, perfect at the moment but the bad weather is suppose to move south later....best of luck to everyone today.

• Advertisement

Best of Luck to all today,hopefully plenty of PB's.
    Injury put a stop to this for me. Last Monday we had 5 in car. Today we have 2. Where will we post back numbers or is there a need ??

Advertisement