Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lord of The Rings Extended DVD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

At this point I wouldn't be spending 20 quid on them unless they were Blu-Ray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Apparently the blu-rays aren't great, so you might want to re-think that strategy... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is that not just because the blu ray release is the theatrical release and not the extended edition? Which is clearly to make money when they release the extended edition later on? I believe the extended edition is now also out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

blastman wrote: »
    Apparently the blu-rays aren't great, so you might want to re-think that strategy... :)

As someone who has them, and has watched them a few times, I'm not sure where that comes from... ok, I kinda am... the original transfer of the extended release was apparently pants, but they re-transferred, and it's excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Fair enough, Gerry, I heard the extended blu-rays had a very poor transfer, didn't realise that they had re-done them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

blastman wrote: »

The Blu-Ray extended editions are unbelievable.

Advertisement