Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel recommendations in west...Clare kinda area

• 30-01-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

My girlfriend and I are looking to get away next month I'd like to find a unique place to visit/stay near ennis we'll be in ennis on Friday the 22nd of feb so it's the day I need ideas for!

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Moved from Travel to Co. Clare forum as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Old Ground Hotel is a lovely hotel in the centre of Ennis, it has two great restaurants and they're running some special offers at the moment.

If you want something special, it's hard to beat Dromoland Castle, it is located a few miles outside Ennis. At this time of year, you should be able to get a good deal.

Doonbeg Lodge is really nice too but it is about 30 minutes drive from Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ursus articus

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The Old Ground Hotel is a lovely hotel in the centre of Ennis, it has two great restaurants and they're running some special offers at the moment.

If you want something special, it's hard to beat Dromoland Castle, it is located a few miles outside Ennis. At this time of year, you should be able to get a good deal.

Doonbeg Lodge is really nice too but it is about 30 minutes drive from Ennis.

Thanks for the reply was looking at dromoland I'm not 100% I don't want it to be too posh we stayed in powerscourt last year and your kinda sneaking about the place I love the idea of a castle or an old place! We are staying in the old ground on the Friday night. It's a lovely hotel! But they are booked out for Saturday! I wanted to be able to pretend that we are just going for a drive before heading home and detour to somewhere really special as a surprise do dromoland would be lovely but I just don't like it being the only choice! I don't mind travel either
    Sorry for rambling :-)

Check out Carrykerry House in Newmarket on Fergus ;)

http://www.carrygerryhouse.com/

There are some reviews here,

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g211884-d213120-Reviews-Carrygerry_Country_House-Shannon_County_Clare.html

I hope ye have a great time where ever you decide on staying :)

Edit:

There is also Bunratty Manor Hotel

http://www.bunrattymanor.ie/

Check out Carrykerry House in Newmarket on Fergus ;)

http://www.carrygerryhouse.com/

There are some reviews here,

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g211884-d213120-Reviews-Carrygerry_Country_House-Shannon_County_Clare.html

I hope ye have a great time where ever you decide on staying :)

Edit:

There is also Bunratty Manor Hotel

http://www.bunrattymanor.ie/

Cheers for the help I've booked into carrygerry I hope it's nice reviews are great! Would never have found it without your help so thank you very much! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Carrigerry is really nice. A bit quiet and isolated but still very near Shannon and Newmarket

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Carrigerry is really nice. A bit quiet and isolated but still very near Shannon and Newmarket
    Ah here - quiet and isolated = romantic ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

If you can upgrade to one of the suites in the old ground do it. Well worth the extra.

Auldloon wrote: »
    If you can upgrade to one of the suites in the old ground do it. Well worth the extra.

Old ground is the first place I ever brought her so I thought I'd try to get the same room again and she might like the sentiment? Am I being too much of a cheeseball?

You know her best, if you think that she would appreciate the sentiment, go straight ahead.

I was thinking that on the Saturday when you leave Ennis to go to Carrygerry House you could pop into Dromoland Castle for a stroll around the estate and perhaps a drink. It is a lovely spot!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Old ground is the first place I ever brought her so I thought I'd try to get the same room again and she might like the sentiment? Am I being too much of a cheeseball?

If you want to be a cheese ball say that you were going to get the same room as the first time you brought her there but cause you've grown so much and your love have blossomed so much through the years ye now get a suite.

I'll get a bucket.

Clareman wrote: »
    If you want to be a cheese ball say that you were going to get the same room as the first time you brought her there but cause you've grown so much and your love have blossomed so much through the years ye now get a suite.

I'll get a bucket.

Well Holy God :eek::eek::eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMXX05ITuzsxbPZ2ml7NWXK6aGk8rcuqC2gXqzXqvtc--k8Oj5

Well Holy God :eek::eek::eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMXX05ITuzsxbPZ2ml7NWXK6aGk8rcuqC2gXqzXqvtc--k8Oj5

I'm safe enough I think it'd take about a half bottle of whiskey to get that cheesey! Holy god though that's a blast from the past!

;-)

Advertisement