Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Functions/parties

Options
  • 31-01-2013 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hey does anyone have any insight on good places within the city (or close) for a party ... Looking for a few different birthdays but the closest is a 50th so any help with that in particular would be great !

Also where's the best place to get balloons and things like that ... Only place that pops to mind is woodies

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Hey does anyone have any insight on good places within the city (or close) for a party ... Looking for a few different birthdays but the closest is a 50th so any help with that in particular would be great !

Also where's the best place to get balloons and things like that ... Only place that pops to mind is woodies

Thanks !
    For balloons and decorations go to party world in Tramore great choice and value.

Parties try kazbar, oskars, mountsion and roanmore centre

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

er1983 wrote: »
    For balloons and decorations go to party world in Tramore great choice and value.

Parties try kazbar, oskars, mountsion and roanmore centre

Completely forgot about oskars !

Thanks for that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Oskars for Party and Partyworld for balloons - Cant go wrong.
    There used to be a place in town called Ballonatics but afaik thats closed

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

The Partyzone section down in Woodies has a decent selection too

I think balloonatics are online from home now but I dont like places that dont set a price, once you ring them they'll have your no to ring if you dont order from them ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think balloonatics are online from home now but I dont like places that dont set a price, once you ring them they'll have your no to ring if you dont order from them ..

Email them from your spam account (you must have one!).

Thats one thing I dont have if im honest :/

anyone any other ideas on spaces for a party ?
    Its only two months away so want options incase places are booked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dugger

Had a 50th in Bolgers a few months back they supplied music and sandwiches for free only holds about 50 but nice attractive clean pub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Do they still do parties in the back of the Mansion House? It's a few years since I was in there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

<snip - Quote Removed> I agree a great spot. Had my 40th there no complaints and a great night.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

Becketts have a great place upstairs for partys and do great food there too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

old gregg wrote: »
    Do they still do parties in the back of the Mansion House? It's a few years since I was in there.

They do

I'm presuming the forum lounge is a room at the back of the forum ? I probably do know it but my mind is blank right now ... Is it in jvs ? ..
    Would you remember what the costs were like for your fourtieth ? :)
    Was there room hire / food per head situation
    Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deisedarren

The waterford crystal sports centre is also a good place to have it too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

I'm presuming the forum lounge is a room at the back of the forum ? I probably do know it but my mind is blank right now ... Is it in jvs ? ..
    Would you remember what the costs were like for your fourtieth ? :)
    Was there room hire / food per head situation
    Thanks !
    Yeah it was in JVs downstairs. They only use the room as a restraunt early on sat and sun evenings after that it's a function room. My wife organised it as a surprise party so not sure about costs but would not have been high or she never have gone there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i organised a 40th Birthday lately - list of function rooms that were nice included
    Kazbar upstairs (private till 11)
    Revolution (choice of 2 rooms)
    Mansion House (back area)
    Showboat (function area)
    Oskars (upstairs)
    Becketts (upstairs)
    Wacky Apple (upstairs)
    Uluru (no private area)

most places had a good food offering, but we were restricted as we had 2 older ppl who could not use stairs. very few places these days (except social/sports clubs) all you to bring your own food

jennygirl wrote: »
    i organised a 40th Birthday lately - list of function rooms that were nice included
    Kazbar upstairs (private till 11)
    Revolution (choice of 2 rooms)
    Mansion House (back area)
    Showboat (function area)
    Oskars (upstairs)
    Becketts (upstairs)
    Wacky Apple (upstairs)
    Uluru (no private area)

most places had a good food offering, but we were restricted as we had 2 older ppl who could not use stairs. very few places these days (except social/sports clubs) all you to bring your own food

That's great thanks !
    Yeah that's how most of them make their money is from food.
    Pretty sure showboat let you cater yourself.. Well they have for two that I've planned their but at least a year ago since then.

Also any recommendations on food would be appreciated .. Was going to buy from scallans and cook myself but I'd imagine it would be freezing by the time it was needed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

If you book revolution or the Mojo Lounge flash will give you a price on food. I believe the revolution chef makes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That would go for Revolution, Mojo or Oskars where all the food is done in house :)

• Advertisement

I'd go for the Mojo lounge myself. Good food, dance floor and not open to the public till 10 or so

I would go for the waterford glass centre they would recommend people to do the food too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The waterford crystal sports centre is also a good place to have it too
    I would go for the waterford glass centre they would recommend people to do the food too

I don't know what your connection to the Glass centre is but it's an awful venue in fairness. My family have been having parties there for years but it's really quite bad. It might suit some people but there's no atmosphere there due to the layout etc. There are a lot of better places in town these days that offer something a little different.

Provisionally booked showboat but its 100€ room hire these days so think I'd be better off putting that towards food in oskars or somewhere
    As for the crystal centre I've always found it lifeless and ok if you have children running around but not great otherwise.
    Thanks lads !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Crazy for a place to have a room charge these days!

kryogen wrote: »
    Crazy for a place to have a room charge these days!

Agreed ... Tried jv's there today and they're 100 also but you can only use front bar till after restaurant closes (last orders 10pm)

Really wasn't expecting it to be this hard !

Anyone used the "den" in oskars ? Woman said 60 people is do-able but fight as function room isn't available

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I don't know what your connection to the Glass centre is but it's an awful venue in fairness. My family have been having parties there for years but it's really quite bad. It might suit some people but there's no atmosphere there due to the layout etc. There are a lot of better places in town these days that offer something a little different.

I do work out there. We just set it up and the people havin the party's can rearrange the tables which way they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Mojo over Revolution would be a good place for a party......................seem to do a lot of partys up there.

Does that not open as a nightclub though after a certain hour ?

• Advertisement

yep, 10:30 I think. But that can only add to the Atmosphere IMO

Advertisement