Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Functions/parties

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Hmm I thought I mentioned it was a 50th so might cross that off the list

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i was at a 40th in mojo few months back -- was private all night- didnt open to public - great atmosphere, lovely room

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Yeah it does open to the public on a Saturday night only, it is very more relaxed than most clubs in there and the music is all the older stuff and its not too loud..........no stupid calvin harris played there.....thank god! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

My Family have had many parties in the Showboat on the glen. Its a great venue. We allwaks get the part to the right or straight ahead as you walk in the front door.

I had my 21st there and they supplied the food for fairly cheap.

Would def recomend it

moose3844 wrote: »
    My Family have had many parties in the Showboat on the glen. Its a great venue. We allwaks get the part to the right or straight ahead as you walk in the front door.

I had my 21st there and they supplied the food for fairly cheap.

Would def recomend it

That was my go to place Moose. Had my 18th there a few years back and couldn't have said enough about the place, no fee, offered to reheat any food if we were bringing ourselves (we got it catered anyway but still thought it was a great offer)

Completely changed opinions on it this day tho! they charge €100 for the room and will not under any circumstances handle the food.
    Apparently afraid of being linked to food poisioning? or so the guy told me on the phone.
    Basically hand over 100 quid and stay out of our way was the attitude I got from them.

• Advertisement

That was my go to place Moose. Had my 18th there a few years back and couldn't have said enough about the place, no fee, offered to reheat any food if we were bringing ourselves (we got it catered anyway but still thought it was a great offer)

Completely changed opinions on it this day tho! they charge €100 for the room and will not under any circumstances handle the food.
    Apparently afraid of being linked to food poisioning? or so the guy told me on the phone.
    Basically hand over 100 quid and stay out of our way was the attitude I got from them.

Jasus thats mad altogether, How long ago was that??

When I rang? I think last week :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Did you try alywards the wander inn? He has a ground floor backroom that is used for functions

never even thought of it if im honest

Bad Bobs up on paddy brownes road is quiet good aswell. I was at a 21st there in november

• Advertisement
Advertisement