Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby friendly hotel in Ireland

Options
  • 31-01-2013 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

We would like to go for a long weekend with our 5 month old. Anyone know any nice luxurious baby friendly hotels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

We would like to go for a long weekend with our 5 month old. Anyone know any nice luxurious baby friendly hotels?
    I don't have kids but I know kellys in rosslare is very baby friendly-they have a particular corridor that has a kitchen at one end of it for heating bottles etc. has a spa as well for mammy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

NextSteps wrote: »

It's fab but from memory there are a lot of steps and stairs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DG Leixlip

yaya* wrote: »
    I don't have kids but I know kellys in rosslare is very baby friendly-they have a particular corridor that has a kitchen at one end of it for heating bottles etc. has a spa as well for mammy ;)

+1 for Kellys. We went with a 2 year old last year and are planning another trip in the next few weeks. It's so relaxing - food is great (highly recommend going all inclusive), pool is lovely and warm (great for kids), and all-round very family friendly! You won't want or need to leave the hotel from the duration of your stay. We will probably go for the 2 night mid-week break again - we felt so relaxed after the 2 nights (felt like we had been away for a lot longer).. Highly recommend it for a young family!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

CaraMay wrote: »
    It's fab but from memory there are a lot of steps and stairs etc

I agree. Lovely hotel but didn't strike me as very baby/kid friendly tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

NextSteps wrote: »

We have been there every Xmas for the last four years always have a great time. The first time on our own and with the children each year after.

The staff go out of their way to help you and I find it to be very baby friendly (we have a 2.5 and 4 month old). At Xmas it was pretty much all families there as well.

Another one that's child friendly is the Lyrath in Kilkenny.

I think at 5 months everywhere is friendly as they don't make much noise yet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hayfield manor is lovely. Steps and stairs won't matter to a 5 month old.

Have you used this review website? It's only got one place in galway in Ireland, but I use it for UK and europe.

http://www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk

They review places purely on their baby friendliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We would always book an apartment, so that when baby goes to bed, we don't have to go to bed. Give me that over a baby-friendly hotel anyday.

I've seen couples having dinner with the baby monitor on the table. Crazy. Just book a 2-bed apartment and have a gorgeous dinner together at the dining table while baby sleeps in his own room, happy as Larry.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

Thanks so much guys...will look into those hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlisonRelihan

We would always book an apartment, so that when baby goes to bed, we don't have to go to bed. Give me that over a baby-friendly hotel anyday.

I've seen couples having dinner with the baby monitor on the table. Crazy. Just book a 2-bed apartment and have a gorgeous dinner together at the dining table while baby sleeps in his own room, happy as Larry.

Mmm....don't know bout an apartment. It kinda wouldn't feel like a holiday if you were staying in an apartment and cooking meals etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

The clarion in Sligo. Look up their suite option.

Advertisement