Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is a Quick transfer online from my personal account to my Credit card Account best wa

• 31-01-2013 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

And i am a bit concerned that my direct debits will be set up in time especially my Bank of Ireland Credit card ,direct debit 

I got a letter from Bank of Ireland Credit card services saying that just in case your debit is not set up in time i will have to make a manual payment to avoid late over limit fees,

what i intend to do just incase the debit is not set up in time ,  is to do a Quick transfer lodgement online  from my current account that is still operational with Bank of Ireland, to my credit card account , 

i just want to know if the money is lodged been the full amount , this way will the credit card services still take the same amount on the day or will there be enough credit lodged that will stop them trying to withdrawl from my bank account , in other words would they try and take it twice ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Foalteam,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the payment is in your credit card account at least 3 working days before the direct debit is due to present, it will adjust itself to account for that payment. A transfer to a credit card account, requested before the 3.30pm cut off time on a working day, takes one working day to be credited so you would need to be transferring the funds at least 4 working days before the direct debit is due to be presented.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

Hi Foalteam,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the payment is in your credit card account at least 3 working days before the direct debit is due to present, it will adjust itself to account for that payment. A transfer to a credit card account, requested before the 3.30pm cut off time on a working day, takes one working day to be credited so you would need to be transferring the funds at least 4 working days before the direct debit is due to be presented.

Thanks
    Tara
    I lodged it on 31st Thursday , its Due on the 4th February,  i presumed it went in straight away as it is already deducted from my Current account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi foalteam,

As Tara advised, if the transfer was made on Banking 365, it can take one working day to be registered on the credit card. If you transferred the funds yesterday, they would show on your credit card today.

You would be best to speak to Credit Card Services to check that the payment was received on time to cancel the direct debit if it is set up. Their contact number is 1890 251 251.

Thank you very much for posting.
    Linda

Advertisement