Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech cs350 HELP

Options
  • 31-01-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

hi, need help, i have a aritech cs350 fitted to my house, i recently fitted a new battery myself about 6 months ago now my problem is that after about 2 months of fitting battery the alarm start goin off for no reason, saying upstairs window. Now my question is what could this be? faulty sensor? are they easy to check? need help as we have been broken into twice already:(

Is there a guide on here on how to programme and maybe just turn off sensors upstairs??

please help

Aidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

aidanor wrote: »
    hi, need help, i have a aritech cs350 fitted to my house, i recently fitted a new battery myself about 6 months ago now my problem is that after about 2 months of fitting battery the alarm start goin off for no reason, saying upstairs window. Now my question is what could this be? faulty sensor? are they easy to check? need help as we have been broken into twice already:(

Is there a guide on here on how to programme and maybe just turn off sensors upstairs??

please help

Aidan

Check to see if the zone has a bad connection in the control panel if you think you may have moved the cables changing the battery. Could even be a bad connection in a device. Failing that I would say you have a faulty sensor or sensors on the upstairs windows if the issue only started 2 months after fitting the battery. It is always best to fix the problem rather than take the loop out of the system. The best way to test these is with a multimeter. Remove the resistor from the loop and close off the end of the zone if fitted in the last device. If fitted in the control panel disconnect the zone from the control panel and take out the resistor. Set the meter to 200 ohms and connect the zone to the multimeter, taking note of the value. Now go around taping each sensor, any sensor that does not return the meter to this value after you tapping or opening the contact, take out of the loop and move on. Replace any device you find faulty. If you cant get someone to help then you will need to connect a length of cable long enough to reach each window to this circuit in the control panel to bring the meter with you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the panel is not upstairs there is no need to use a long length of cable. Simply remove the end of line resistor , disconnect the zone from the panel and join those 2 wires together . No thst you have a complete circuit goto any sensor on that loop that's convenient. Set up the meter as Altor explained and disconnect s single cable from one side of any sensor. Connect this wire to one lead on your meter and connect the other lead back into the sensor. This saves you a lot of running around. It will also improve the testing as you sre not adding resistance onto the loop. If this zone is duel end of line also check the tamper circuit in the same way.

Advertisement