Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thunderstorm in Cork

• 31-01-2013 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Wow really bad thunderstorm in Cork at the moment. Lightening really bad and hail stones, alarms going off everywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Jaysus, the dog is going mad. He is not coming to bed with me..............
    The sky is lighting up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Feckin power just gone off

Have power but UPC isn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭lapsed

Just passed Ballintemple. House shook. Herself woke up and wanted to know why the dog was barking !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Power gone here in douglas. Disaster. I wasn't ready to go to bed yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I thought it was a car flashing our window. Had earphones on.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Took this Vid outside my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

That passed over west cork about 45 mins ago, a solid 20 mins of constant lightening, thunder and some down pour!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

24 years of age and I legged it into my parents room. That was scary :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lightning hit our house last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Definitely the loudest thunder I ever heard - I'm mid 40s! All the windows were rattling and it felt like the house was shaking. The lightning was very spectacular. The best part was when the trip switch went and the house was plunged into darkness - cue huge scream from upstairs!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Definitely the loudest thunder I ever heard - I'm mid 40s! All the windows were rattling and it felt like the house was shaking. The lightning was very spectacular. The best part was when the trip switch went and the house was plunged into darkness - cue huge scream from upstairs!!:P

I heard thunder like this while abroad last year but never before in my life. Like a huge explosion right over your head. I love a good thunderstorm but that was bloody scary stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I remember a few years ago when living in Westmeath, I was driving on the new M4, this was before the new section of M6 opened at Kinnegad and I was exiting at Kinnegad as a result. The whole trip there was thunder and lightning and the lightning was coming down in fields on either side of me the whole trip.

It was bloody awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Feckin great weather it was.

Loved it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Took this Vid outside my house.

I managed to pause that video on the flash. Momentary daylight! it's mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I had to laugh. There was a great light show and HUGE claps of thunder. Upstairs telly lost power, but the downstairs one was OK.

Dog was fast asleep as usual. When the thunderclap went off, he looked up at me as though it was my fault he woke up! When I told him it was OK, he just looked at me as though to say 'Ah, grand so' and promptly went back to sleep! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I had to laugh. There was a great light show and HUGE claps of thunder. Upstairs telly lost power, but the downstairs one was OK.

Dog was fast asleep as usual. When the thunderclap went off, he looked up at me as though it was my fault he woke up! When I told him it was OK, he just looked at me as though to say 'Ah, grand so' and promptly went back to sleep! :D

My last housemates had a Welsh Collie and he was dynamite! The most intelligent dog I've ever met. But give him lightning or fireworks and you couldn't prise him out from behind the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

This is a dog who will sleep through ANYTHING! Nothing seems to bother him. My brother's Westie would be a nervous wreck as would my niece's Shih Tzu.

Jesus himself would be knocking and the dog will sleep through it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

Lightning hit our house last night

What happened then other than it hitting the house, did it do damage..Should have started with hope ye are ok...

twas great there was a big flash at one stag that looked like the northern lights or something going offf in the sky lasted for a while..Love storms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Slept through it all :( Love a good thunderstorm.

• Advertisement

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Definitely the loudest thunder I ever heard - I'm mid 40s!

Must have been. I was in a thunderstorm in Australia, middle of their summer, huge thunder. Last night was as loud.

I managed to pause that video on the flash. Momentary daylight! it's mad.

Cool. It's just around 8 seconds if memory serves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its a bit of a novelty here when we get a thunderstorm, if you live on the continent you get great ones far more often, and far larger and more entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Lightening struck my c.b. radio antenna out the back garden,luckily I disconnected the coax before it struck;)
    http://youtu.be/bnziU2xs69s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

wideangle wrote: »
    Lightening struck my c.b. radio antenna out the back garden,luckily I disconnected the coax before it struck;)
    http://youtu.be/bnziU2xs69s
    FÚCKINELL lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Milly33 wrote: »
    What happened then other than it hitting the house, did it do damage..Should have started with hope ye are ok...

twas great there was a big flash at one stag that looked like the northern lights or something going offf in the sky lasted for a while..Love storms

Actually we think it might have just hit a powerline or something,the power went for a few minutes and came back again,thankfully we have internet,phones unplugged.

Advertisement