Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signing on in Dublin 15 but called to appt in North Cumberland Street

• 31-01-2013 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

I just started signing on for Jobseekers benefit in Dec in my local SW office in Dublin 15 and my first follow up signing on was today which I went to the office in Blanch to sign on. I then got a text this afternoon "reminding" me of an appointment at a specified time in North Cumberland Street in city centre on Monday morning but with no details as to what it's about nor did I receive any earlier notification. I tried ringing SW office for clarification but no one is answering the phones.

Does anyone know why I have to go into the city centre SW office if my local office is in Blanchardstown? Secondly, what sort of appointment could this possibly be if I only did my monthly sign on today?

I'll try ringing again tomorrow but if anyone had similar experience of what these follow up appts may be about, I'd be interested to hear - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey,

I've also received the same message today about an appointment for next week which I know nothing about!

Very odd and I can't get through on their phones either. If you hear anything can you let me know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jayne75

I got the same txt. Didn't have any idea who the txt was from, thought it was a scam till I google and found your post. Very annoying !!
    Like the first poster I didn't get any appointment in the first place, I just starting claiming JB in Nov and just had second sign on yesterday. I ring as well tomorrow see if I get any where

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I rang Blanch SW again today (no reply - infuriating that the consistently NEVER answer their phones yet advertise it as a contact number).

My partner then suggested contacting Nth Cumberland Street and thankfully they picked up the phone. They have advised me that the appointment relates to getting a new SW/PPS photo ID processed whereby you have to come in and get your photo taken. It is replacing the old SW card you would have to help combat fraud and improve efficiences. Because the process is centralised, it can only be done at certain offices (ie Cumberland Street North for Dublin users), hence the trek into town.

At least I know now but it is so annoying that I got a "reminder" text as my first notification of this appointment but with absolutely no details of what it is or what to bring. Assuming your texts relate to the same thing, you will need to bring photo ID and proof of address (eg utility bill) with you.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My partner received a letter for this today. His appt is 21st of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got my letter today. My appointment was for last week. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement