Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9th February Protests Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

evilivor wrote: »
    5 to 6,000 max according to the Gardai.

Thats what they said the last time too, two high ranking Garda said 15-16 thousand to me yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

bogman wrote: »
    Thats what they said the last time too, two high ranking Garda said 15-16 thousand to me yesterday

Thanks for the photos bogman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I think I'll take the officially reported figures of 5/6k rather than speculative hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

And it all made such a vast difference, didn't it?

Full length of Patrick street, all the way down south Mall, 6-8 deep, 5-6k, yea right evilivor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I think I'll take the officially reported figures of 5/6k rather than speculative hearsay.

But some fella on the internet said that two unidentified high ranking guards said there were more.
    What's not reliable about that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not even one overpaid Politician to be seen anywhere in the crowd

But plenty of the highest paid civil servants in Europe out protecting their little piles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Mate of mine who was there, a career protester put it at 4-5000. He knows his angry mobs.

But plenty of the highest paid civil servants in Europe out protecting their little piles.

The italians were there?

http://www.iiea.com/blogosphere/public-sector-pay-at-a-glance

But some fella on the internet said that two unidentified high ranking guards said there were more.
    What's not reliable about that information?

I read on the INTERNET there were seventeen million people there.

• Advertisement

Must apologies, there were only 150 at the march cause evilivor said so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Jayus, those photos are something else. The austerity isn't affecting peoples waistlines too much yet anyway by the looks of it.

Love the one of the post-protest cappuchino as well. Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

I don't follow
    There are 2 possibly 3 overweight men in the photos.

One in 4 children in the country are obese, whats the problem, just taking after Ma & Paw

Xantia wrote: »
    I don't follow
    There are 2 possibly 3 overweight men in the photos.

Poor diet is common in poverty stricken societies. People choose substandard value meals over a proper balanced diet.

More than 60,000 took part in the Dublin protest, while at least 15,000 turned out in Cork, 13,000 in Waterford, 10,000 in Limerick, 7,000 in Sligo and 5,000 in Galway.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/nationwide-protests-call-for-change-29059196.html

Only came here to post photos not to debate numbers, article in the Independent says it all above

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/nationwide-protests-call-for-change-29059196.html

Only came here to post photos not to debate numbers, article in the Independent says it all above

Irish Times says

"Marches organised in Cork and Sligo had an estimated turnout of 6,000, according to gardaí, while protests in Limerick, Galway and Waterford attracted crowds of about 2,000."

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0210/breaking5.html

Perhaps the Indo were listening to your pair of high ranking gardai rather than the Garda Press Office.

I can safely say the indo would listen to neither.

Advertisement