Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rihanna back with Chris Brown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭dannyc31

ah she's kinda as disturbed as he is anyway. i knew she would get back with him, she's not the kinda gal who goes for a nice fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

It's her choice to do what she wants, even if it is a mistake - it's her miskate.

It's not affecting the life of anyone else.

They where kids when they got together first - not saying what he done was OK but people make mistakes we learn from them.

Think it's time the media give this couple a break IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

It's not affecting the life of anyone else.

"Role model" etc etc.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    "Role model" etc etc.

Last time I checked she was a singer, not some one who wanted everyone to look up to her as a role model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

They deserve each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

I'm sorry but I have to say something about this. First thing's first, I hate celebrity following. I couldn't care less what anyone does in their own life. I despise when people give out about anyone in relation to what they're doing in their private lives. I shouted people down for giving out about people like Tiger Woods when the shít hit the fan for him. Nobody should look to others, especially celebrities to see how they should behave themselves. I just wanted to get that clear.

But here I am, completely contradicting myself. First of all, he beat the shít out of her. That didn't bother me, because as I said I didn't care about celebrities. They are strangers to me as far as I am concerned. She came out about it, I thought 'fair play', must be very tough to broadcast what was done to you, but I accept it took guts, and hopefully gave some women the courage to stand up to their abusive partners. doing something productive like that instead of promoting some fragrance/clothes line/song/etc.

But can anyone see what she's saying here. "He's changed", "He won't do it again", "He loves me". Maybe he does, maybe he'll never hit her again, good luck to them. But by doing this she's saying to all those abused women out there, 'change is possible'. All those women out there will look at this relationship and think "Maybe, my boyfriend can change too? I'll stick it out.". Now Rihanna can do whatever she wants, she never asked to be a role model, but she is. She's walking back into bed with an abuser, giving all those weak women out there the excuse to do the same. Shame

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Username567

I'm sorry but I have to say something about this. First thing's first, I hate celebrity following. I couldn't care less what anyone does in their own life. I despise when people give out about anyone in relation to what they're doing in their private lives. I shouted people down for giving out about people like Tiger Woods when the shít hit the fan for him. Nobody should look to others, especially celebrities to see how they should behave themselves. I just wanted to get that clear.

But here I am, completely contradicting myself. First of all, he beat the shít out of her. That didn't bother me, because as I said I didn't care about celebrities. They are strangers to me as far as I am concerned. She came out about it, I thought 'fair play', must be very tough to broadcast what was done to you, but I accept it took guts, and hopefully gave some women the courage to stand up to their abusive partners. doing something productive like that instead of promoting some fragrance/clothes line/song/etc.

But can anyone see what she's saying here. "He's changed", "He won't do it again", "He loves me". Maybe he does, maybe he'll never hit her again, good luck to them. But by doing this she's saying to all those abused women out there, 'change is possible'. All those women out there will look at this relationship and think "Maybe, my boyfriend can change too? I'll stick it out.". Now Rihanna can do whatever she wants, she never asked to be a role model, but she is. She's walking back into bed with an abuser, giving all those weak women out there the excuse to do the same. Shame

Shame???

It's her choice what she does in her personal life, there is no shame whatsoever. Maybe he's changed maybe he hasn't, that's her perogotative. Shame on anyone who bases their personal relationship choices on a celebrity.

Last time I checked she was a singer, not some one who wanted everyone to look up to her as a role model.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sarcasm

First of all - She never decided to come out about it. Pictures of her bruised where all over the media , so she had no choice but to come out and talk about it.
    If she had her way I'm sure would have liken to keep what goes on her personal life personally and not have to share it with the world.

Secondly - I have not once heard or read of her saying any of the following you mentioned "he's changed" "he won't do it again", "he loves me" :confused:

It's not like it happened a week a go and she went and got straight back with him.
    It happened years which I am sure was enough time to think about her decision.

You could say that about of a lot of celeb "role models" who have made choices that are looked upon as "bad decisions by the world"
    celebs who have cheated, taken drugs, drunk drove - the list goes on.

I say more fool all those woman/people who think because a celeb makes a choice on something, they also have to follow it :confused:

There is no shame in it all. It's actually great to see a celeb following their own heart and decisions rather then the publics for a change.
    Go her I say, and I wish them all the best

Shame???

It's her choice what she does in her personal life, there is no shame whatsoever. Maybe he's changed maybe he hasn't, that's her perogotative. Shame on anyone who bases their personal relationship choices on a celebrity.

I agree, anyone who bases any of their choices on what a celebrity does is an idiot. But in abused relationships, the abused is always told to get the hell away no matter what, don't be manipulated into going back, steer clear at all costs. the abused will look for reasons to stay and this could be one, that's why it's a shame.
    Secondly - I have not once heard or read of her saying any of the following you mentioned "he's changed" "he won't do it again", "he loves me" :confused:
    I meant by getting back, she may as well be saying these things. Perhaps I shouldn't have used direct quotations, I apologise. Let me give an exact quote from her though
    Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake
    Victim blaming already?
    It's not like it happened a week a go and she went and got straight back with him.
    It happened years which I am sure was enough time to think about her decision.

And it's her decision entirely. And I wish them well, really I do. I just feel that this gives an excuse to a large number of abused partners to either stay within abusive relationships or else return to them. Partners that aren't thiking straight, lets face it any abused partner declaring their love for the abuser isn't.

• Advertisement

I meant by getting back, she may as well be saying these things. Perhaps I shouldn't have used direct quotations, I apologise. Let me give an exact quote from her though

How so? Putting words into peoples mouth!
    "Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake"
    Victim blaming already?

NO!
    More like getting the point across to everyone that, it's her choice, No one Else's. She's allowd make her own decisions right
    And it's her decision entirely. And I wish them well, really I do. I just feel that this gives an excuse to a large number of abused partners to either stay within abusive relationships or else return to them. Partners that aren't thinking straight, lets face it any abused partner declaring their love for the abuser isn't.

Gives an excuse how...

You keep banging on about "abused partners" and how the person should never go back etc etc.
    I dislike anyone that hits and abuses another person but aren't people aloud to make mistakes? How do you know that night he hit her wasn't just a once off.

because someone once had issues (abusing,drink,drugs) should they suffer for the rest of their life because of it ? NO !

People do own up to these problems and seek help, its then up to the abused to decide whether they want to take them back or not, Not the media, public.

It's their choice famous or not

How so? Putting words into peoples mouth!
    Fine, you know what, just wait so. she'll have some choice quotes soon enough. Although already she's said "He’s a good person, he has a fantastic heart". Sounds very similar to be honest to what I said.
    NO!
    More like getting the point across to everyone that, it's her choice, No one Else's. She's allowd make her own decisions right
    If it's a mistake, it's his mistake, not hers.
    Gives an excuse how...
    It gives an excuse because so many abused partners will wish that their partner will change when they very rarely will (remember, he beat the head off her, not a simple slap). they hope and pray, every time they get abused. All their friends and family will say it'll never work and to get out. Now the abused partner will look for any factor to make them believe that hope is there when in reality it's not. but looking at Rihanna saying to hell with the doubters, that she'll do what she wants and accept the consequences, that she's in control, that she's stronger, is giving abused women the thought that they can do the same.

You keep banging on about "abused partners" and how the person should never go back etc etc.
    I dislike anyone that hits and abuses another person but aren't people aloud to make mistakes? How do you know that night he hit her wasn't just a once off.

because someone once had issues (abusing,drink,drugs) should they suffer for the rest of their life because of it ? NO !

People do own up to these problems and seek help, its then up to the abused to decide whether they want to take them back or not, Not the media, public.

It's their choice famous or not
    Look as I said, he beat the head of her, not just hit her, beat her. I believe in rehabilitation and second chances in most cases. but you talk about drink and drug problems. If someone has a drink problem, you don't get them clean and then bring them back to the bar. Now I'm not saying that chris Brown should not be around women but I just think that rihanna, as a woman, not a celebrity, is setting a really bad example by letting an abuser back inher life under the guise of "I'm in control this time", and "He doesn't have the luxury of messing up this time" (meaning he's on probation and he'll go to jail. as good a reason I've heard that he won't beat her)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

Posters are reminded this is Celeb and Showbiz.

Nothing else, so please don't get too carried away, mmmkay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Women are bizarre creatures, always say the same "why are blokes such dickheads".....or "Why are there no good men out there"

Because

1. Women want what they cant have
    2. Women love dickheads

Do they never think hmmmm fcuk maybe it is me?

Absolute bullsh*t. Rihanna can hardly be used as an example for why all women are "bizarre creatures", whatever the fcuk that's supposed to mean.

Secondly, Rihanna can do whatever she wants, but I'll find it very difficult to feel sorry for her if he does it again. The man has anger issues. He recently punched Frank Ocean in the face over a parking space, and had his "crew" attack Drake in a night club. He's a thug. To be honest, part of me thinks Rihanna just loves the attention and is just so desperate to be seen as "edgy" and "cool", so having a potentially dangerous man on her arm gives her some kind of twisted street cred in her own mind. She's as fcuked up as he is.

Sure, nobody should look to celebrities as role models, but the fact is a lot of people (particularly young people) do. And I've said it before, but is it really any wonder that kids are so confused and messed up when men who beat up women and the women who go crawling back to them are glorified and celebrated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Chris Brown is a violent homophobic scumbag. And his songs are pish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She is turning the other cheek just lets hope he dont smack her on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

They deserve each other, and it history repeats itself she'd better STFU this time and be crying to the media if it happens again.

She MADE it public first time round, milked it....then she bleats on about her choice and her mistake, i'm not a role model get-out-of-free jail card with the public/media.

BLAH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 Captain Beyond

It's her decision and if she feels that he deserves another chance then that's her decision to make. I'm sure that she will show him the door if she's unhappy with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I guess you could say that she found love in a hopeless place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Ipso wrote: »

I had to google that to know what you were talking about :D

Can you sing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

YFlyer wrote: »

I had to google that to know what you were talking about :D

Can you sing it?

Sure, give me an autotuner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Ipso wrote: »

Post of the Year for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Chris Brown:Rhianna.....Bobby Brown:Whitney Heuston.....History:Repeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭feargalmcc1

When the media asked rhianna why she got back with him she's said beats me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

It's her decision and if she feels that he deserves another chance then that's her decision to make. I'm sure that she will show him the door if she's unhappy with him.

This will be an intersting one to watch if he does beat her up again. So many women find themselves caught in a cycle of "he was angry", " I must have upset him" "he is really sorry, he was just having a bad day and I didn't understand".....when they are in an abusive relationship.
    Granted many of these women are caught in the trap due to poverty, children, etc etd and Rihanna has none of these but she has some strange attraction to a man who at best, doesn't appear to be at all nice or decent.

Advertisement