Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haunted!

Options
  • 31-01-2013 5:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

A family member is having trouble with a presence in his house. They live in letterkenny and the house is relatively new. They have been woken at night by this thing and have instances were the lights have been turned on and there is a lot of noise within the house when they are alone. The house is in the solomons area. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on or any advice on what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved from Donegal forum.

New houses have a tendency of being loud. The other thing is the electrics. I have seen houses with electricity problems like that. That would be your first port of call. Rule all them out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Keep a diary for two or three weeks. Ask them to note everything that happens, the time, surroundings ... as much relevant info as possible. Theres a few reasons for this. Memories change over time, and so does the description of what happened. Nothing deceitful in that - we're all just humans. Secondly, from experience of having people do this before, many times after a week or two of note taking people realise either its something quite natural, or that these things dont really happen that commonly at all. If it is something weird, the notes will make that plain to see. Take the diary to a reputable local research group if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 danii24

this has happened in my house and always in my sons bedroom. The light turns off or on at night time when he is alseep. I have heard the light switch click when this happens. A few times when the light has been left on i have heard the light switch click and when i go in the ligh is off and in the off position. i have no explanation for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 im the wanderer

barbie0212 wrote: »
    A family member is having trouble with a presence in his house. They live in letterkenny and the house is relatively new. They have been woken at night by this thing and have instances were the lights have been turned on and there is a lot of noise within the house when they are alone. The house is in the solomons area. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on or any advice on what to do.
    A group of paranormal investigators wil lbe visiting letterkenny in august, paying attention to the old gate house of the ballymacool estate. ( now the Tir Na Nog pub. ) hopefully we will be able to have an all night investigation in that pub. If you would like to discus your family's issue regarding the occurrences in their house, i will be happy to help, and psossibly do a vigil / investigation in that house also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 pixiejess

Hi i hope you dont mind me posting here but i was wondering if anybody could tell me what this is. So last night my boyfriend was having a nightmare that somthing was making him grind his teeth to mush i was awake and woke him up he told me what he was dreaming. he fell back to sleep and straigh back into the dream ...not weird i know your thinking well i woke him up again and we lay in the dark and both saw a figure about 4ft tall shoot across the room i saw it and he saw it it was small and dark and blocked the light from the window what is this? , my boyfriend had told me about this before he had seen it come into the room and twards the bed we sort of assumed it was night terrors until last night. Since the very first day i came to stay with him i always felt weird coming up his stairs (i run) i dont like to be alone in the house at all to make things worse when i was younger maybe 12 -17 i had many strang experiences in my parents house a large figure at the end of my bed it looked like it had tree bark for skin it had such deep wrinkles i would try to move and couldnt and was never able to screem out for help, i also had objects move in my room and now that im older my mother has told me it terrified her when i started to talk i would tell her the little man was in my room and id screem. This stoped when they got rid of an old wardrobe. I know youl all think iv made this up so please only genuine replys is it me? what is the small dark figure in the bedroom has it always followed me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

pixiejess wrote: »
    Hi i hope you dont mind me posting here but i was wondering if anybody could tell me what this is. So last night my boyfriend was having a nightmare that somthing was making him grind his teeth to mush i was awake and woke him up he told me what he was dreaming. he fell back to sleep and straigh back into the dream ...not weird i know your thinking well i woke him up again and we lay in the dark and both saw a figure about 4ft tall shoot across the room i saw it and he saw it it was small and dark and blocked the light from the window what is this? , my boyfriend had told me about this before he had seen it come into the room and twards the bed we sort of assumed it was night terrors until last night. Since the very first day i came to stay with him i always felt weird coming up his stairs (i run) i dont like to be alone in the house at all to make things worse when i was younger maybe 12 -17 i had many strang experiences in my parents house a large figure at the end of my bed it looked like it had tree bark for skin it had such deep wrinkles i would try to move and couldnt and was never able to screem out for help, i also had objects move in my room and now that im older my mother has told me it terrified her when i started to talk i would tell her the little man was in my room and id screem. This stoped when they got rid of an old wardrobe. I know youl all think iv made this up so please only genuine replys is it me? what is the small dark figure in the bedroom has it always followed me

Was The 'little man' a different figure to the bark-like figure? It does sound like you might be the connection between the phenomena but whether something is following you or that you are simply sensitive to such things is hard to say.

Rasmus wrote: »
    Was The 'little man' a different figure to the bark-like figure? It does sound like you might be the connection between the phenomena but whether something is following you or that you are simply sensitive to such things is hard to say.
    Yes it was a different figure just small and dark no real shape, it moved really quickly,this was just last week myself and my boyfriend both saw it. but the small man i saw was as a child i havent seen him since i was very young or the large tree like figure. Thank god :eek: but i remember the tree like figure like it was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

A group of paranormal investigators wil lbe visiting letterkenny in august, paying attention to the old gate house of the ballymacool estate. ( now the Tir Na Nog pub. ) hopefully we will be able to have an all night investigation in that pub. If you would like to discus your family's issue regarding the occurrences in their house, i will be happy to help, and psossibly do a vigil / investigation in that house also.

All night investigation in a pub, I'm sure there'll be some serious spirits!:D

Pixie, I've actually heard about a tree-like figure before but can't remember where. Must google it. It is pretty freaky though due the unexplainability of it...:/

Edit: I might be thinking of The Wizard of Oz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

I always had a tree like figure that terrified me in my dreams as a young lad, always the same dream, i was scared to go to sleep because it reoccurred ao often.
    Had to add this though as just like a post above i remember it like it was yesterday.

Rasmus wrote: »
    Pixie, I've actually heard about a tree-like figure before but can't remember where. Must google it. It is pretty freaky though due the unexplainability of it...:/
    That freaks me out even more that im not the only one if you find out what it is you have to let me know .:eek: or send me the link i really would love to know what the feck it was :)

Edit: I might be thinking of The Wizard of Oz

That freaks me out even more that im not the only one if you find out what it is you have to let me know .:eek: or send me the link i really would love to know what the it was :)

shanered wrote: »
    I always had a tree like figure that terrified me in my dreams as a young lad, always the same dream, i was scared to go to sleep because it reoccurred ao often.
    Had to add this though as just like a post above i remember it like it was yesterday.

It was so scary great to hear its not just me so hopefully im not insane :p

pixiejess wrote: »
    It was so scary great to hear its not just me so hopefully im not insane :p

You are definitely not insane - people see all sorts of really weird things. There is this American site that has a section on non-human entities - it's is full of scary stories. It's called 'yourghoststories' Stuff like 6 foot rats, scaled creatures and what not.

Advertisement