Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Absolutely delighted Bigfoot won, never liked Overeem, way too cocky and think he's average at best.

Loved the scene during the walkout of Lil Nog when he passed Bigfoot, they are so passionate about MMA

49-46, having a laugh. Well done Edgar but where does he go from here, hope he doesnt end up like Florian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    McCall's almost the lowest out of all the fights and he was on the main card

That's a strange one, he needs a new agent...

I know the flyweights are going to be at the lower end of the scale but McCall was considered one of the top flyweights in the world when he signed.

I suppose his shopping bills will be smaller... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    McCall's almost the lowest out of all the fights and he was on the main card

Keith Jardine earned the least on the entire card when he beat Chuck Liddell iirc ~ 18k.

Salaries are bound by contracts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Keith Jardine earned the least on the entire card when he beat Chuck Liddell iirc ~ 18k.

Salaries are bound by contracts.
    I know fighters are bound by contracts but I thought McCall would have least have a better contract then 1 or 2 on the prelim card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

About the Silva KO of Overeem. Ive not been as exicted by a KO since Buster Douglas defeated Tyson. Shocked i was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I hadn't read through this thread until after the event and I had a hell of a chuckle at all the scornful posts about Silva's chances.

Admittedly I gave him little chance either but I was delighted by the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I hadn't read through this thread until after the event and I had a hell of a chuckle at all the scornful posts about Silva's chances.

Admittedly I gave him little chance either but I was delighted by the result.

Not everyone had Bigfoot written off. Ahem ahem.

I did however think Fitch would get the best of Maia in a grappling game with the wrestling of Fitch overcoming the BJJ of Maia.

Poor Frankie. The guy just needs to finish fighters. Like most people I gave it first two to Aldo, last two to Frankie and the third one being close. Ultimately I gave it to Aldo but wouldn't have been too surprised if it went the other way. If one of the judges gave it 49-46 I would have said it was bad judging by only one of them but the fact that two of them scored it that way means that there is something seriously wrong. I also wonder which of the two rounds that Frankie clearly won did they score for Aldo.

Advertisement