Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of Origin..

Options
  • 31-01-2013 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I was just looking up tickets for SoO on ticketek, and its a bit of a silly price for any decent seats, anybody whose been to one, is it worth it?? (I've been to a few nrl games and sat behind the goals which is a waste of time and money, better off in the pub)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

As with most games you see more on the TV than at the game itself.
    But there is no atmosphere at home compared to being at the game and you can't compare a NRL game to a Origin game, you can tell it means more to the players involved so they throw everything at each other, some of the bigger stuff is off ball so that means off camera as well.

If your only in Oz for a few years I would go just to see the occasion, I went off to the All Ireland Hurling and Football years ago when I did not think I would still be here over a decade later and loved the pair of them, although I've got no real interest in the sports it was good to see the spectical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Speaking as a died in the wool rugby union fan, I think that the Origin stands up to any other rugby I will watch in a given year. It is outstanding viewing.

Highly recommend going in person, the ferocity of the hits is worth seeing by itself.

There is usually a decent punch up in the Origin games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ive been to a couple, its a good experience, but in my opinion,i prefer to watch it in a good pub with great match atmosphere, and you are 10 minutes in a taxi from home, getting from homebush to the eastern suburbs after the game can take up to 2 hours with the crowds trying to get to the train.

last game i went to, it was almost midnight by the time i got home,take the next day off and your sorted !!,

maybe thats the old fart coming out in me , liking my comforts !!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 buffalo909

Its purely the atmosphere then that's the selling point, unless you have really good tickets or a premium box..it'd be an awesome night if nsw won it (the series) in game three, might just try and get tickets for that. I think id regret goin home in a few years never havin been to one.

Advertisement