Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF5FS - Anyone for games?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all. Just gauging the interest here for VF5FS. I'll be on tonight from around 9PM if anyone wants any games. I thought this thread could also be used for general matchmaking for any future games of VF5FS too.

For those who may want to have a game tonight but don't have my PSN ID, it's Jun_Chikara so add me if you're interested. I main Akira.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

I'll be on for a couple - pov77. Would be good if there were a few more on PSN to get some room matches. I play ranked worldwide a bit, but the tiny number of players and relatively high rate of input delay from poor connections is a constant frustration. Would be good to see what it's like among Irish players online.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

I'll come on for some games :) ID: MelficeVKM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tonight, 9pm?

Count me in.

I've started a 6-man private lobby now.

*edit*
    only raze (pov77) is online, c'mon guys.

Room disconnected me, lobby back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

hey guys, sorry for joining in so late. I'll be on now.

Hope you enjoyed my clearly not scrubby at all Jean :pac: ggs was fun

GGs guys.

Might learn a new character to stop me from relying on reversal too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

GGs.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Might learn a new character to stop me from relying on reversal too much.

Aoi is devastating but it takes so much work to make her effective. You can't rely on reversal though, except where you know you can put it in the middle of an opponent's string to get the parry - otherwise you need to get a read on the opponent and time it right, like you did against my spammy mid pokes. Aoi still needs watertight basic defence, especially throw techs because that's a go to move to beat her parry stance.

If you're looking to experiment it's worth looking at Pai because you're trying to play a spacing game with Aoi, Pai's got pretty good jump-in, jump-out options and she can bait the combo opportunity, has some form of a parry and low throws, also she's got a PPP mix-up into high/mid/low like Lau has, and her 2kk definitely looks a frame or two close to safe than Lau's 1kk. So long as you never ever use Pai's awful lows there's a good basis to learn on.

But I'd recommend Vanessa - at least then you can focus on just learning half a character at a time. Vane has defensive stance (limited damage/combo options in return for nearly everything being +1 on block, and an auto parry on highs if you stand neutral) and offensive stance (for damage, mix-up and command throws).

GGs. That was a good session. Sorry for joining in so late! Hoped to have had more games but I understand it's a weekday and it was getting late. It was nice to see some variance in character usage, although I must say I was tempted to start using Jean for a while :pac: but I need to learn Jean properly instead of just relying on combos.

• Advertisement

Anyone for more games tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Haven't played in a good while, but I'm down for some games. Sarah player. ID is Chris_IWS.

If anyone is interested in some games tonight, I have a room up. Set to Same Area only.

If anyone is interested in some games tonight, I have a room up. Set to Same Area only.
    Your connection makes it really hard to punish or confirm my combos, what's up with that?

Just internet contention Kiki. Unfortunately, I live 5 miles out of town so as I'm too far from the telephone exchange, I can't get regular DSL which is what I really need :(. With the net I have now, there is terrible contention. Between 11PM-8AM, my connection is usually quite good but anything other than that and I'm struggling. I'll be having a talk with my ISP to see what can be done to improve the connection I have now (ideally, I need a repeater of some sort).

If anyone is interested in some games tonight, I'll be on. PSN ID: Jun_Chikara. I'll be using other characters mainly (Shun and Taka).

Shoulda just gone home and played VF...

If anyone is up for some games, I'm online now. PSN ID: Jun_Chikara

If anyone is up for some games, I'm online now. PSN ID: Jun_Chikara

GGs, your connection is a bit better now.

Although seriously, stop doing 2P chasers -- that is some online-only BS and you know it! :mad:

GGs Kiki. I don't spam 2P, I may use it when I'm attempting a combo (e.g.: CH SDE, 2P, DLC) or when I want a quick buffer into double palm (Akira) when I'm up close. Quite often you'll see me attempt 2P after SDE which is a nasty habit I've gotten into that I'm trying to fix but honestly, the sole purpose is for combos, I don't use it outside of that.

The main reason being that I do it even if my SDE is blocked is simply because I still haven't really learnt to react to hit confirms so I sort of go into combo mode once I start the SDE, regardless if it connects or not. I've found that with Akira a jumping K or Sabaki counters 2P easily and noticed with Vanessa that her Sabaki defeats 2Ps as well.

In case you're referencing to the Sabakis you were doing when I was using Shun, my attacks were 6Ps, not 2Ps. I'm well aware of the 2P spammers and I wholeheartedly agree with you that its just pure cheap play.

• Advertisement

GGs Kiki. I don't spam 2P, I may use it when I'm attempting a combo (e.g.: CH SDE, 2P, DLC) or when I want a quick buffer into double palm (Akira) when I'm up close. Quite often you'll see me attempt 2P after SDE which is a nasty habit I've gotten into that I'm trying to fix but honestly, the sole purpose is for combos, I don't use it outside of that.

The main reason being that I do it even if my SDE is blocked is simply because I still haven't really learnt to react to hit confirms so I sort of go into combo mode once I start the SDE, regardless if it connects or not. I've found that with Akira a jumping K or Sabaki counters 2P easily and noticed with Vanessa that her Sabaki defeats 2Ps as well.

In case you're referencing to the Sabakis you were doing when I was using Shun, my attacks were 6Ps, not 2Ps. I'm well aware of the 2P spammers and I wholeheartedly agree with you that its just pure cheap play.

Sorry meant 8P :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Except 2P can be blocked standing and is mad negative frames.

Since most 2P spammers do more than 1 in a row, I like to block one of them, then immediately do launcher. The way the frames work out, if you do it immediately your launcher beats out the 2nd 2P.

(if i remember right 2Ps tend to start up in 12 frames be -4 on block, while launchers may be like 16 frames. There are a lot of situations where your launcher will hit on the same frame as their 2P, but the game system makes mids [launcher] beat out 2Ps every time)

Thank god for the input buffer or it'd be a nightmare trying to time it :L

MelficeVKM wrote: »
    Since most 2P spammers do more than 1 in a row, I like to block one of them, then immediately do launcher. The way the frames work out, if you do it immediately your launcher beats out the 2nd 2P.

(if i remember right 2Ps tend to start up in 12 frames be -4 on block, while launchers may be like 16 frames. There are a lot of situations where your launcher will hit on the same frame as their 2P, but the game system makes mids [launcher] beat out 2Ps every time)

Thank god for the input buffer or it'd be a nightmare trying to time it :L

Yeah I actually have less problem with 2P spam since I like moves that sabaki them.

It's 8P (jump attacks) after knockdown I hate, because online sometimes misses my quick getup.

Anyone for games tonight? PSN ID: Jun_Chikara

Anyone for games tonight? PSN ID: Jun_Chikara

Too knackered for fighting games today.

If anyone is up for some games, I'll be online for a while today.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

If anyone is up for some games, I'll be online for a while today.
    Fix your net and we'll get a good lobby going. :v

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Fix your net and we'll get a good lobby going. :v

Yeah, sorry about that Kuro Tao. My ISP has some bad contention issues so playing during the afternoon/evening can be a bit hit and miss. If you're online late at night (11PM+) my connection is usually very good then. I've had some good matches with Kiki.

I've tried eliminating all possibilities for any connection issues so when I go online, I disable my PC's net adapter in case it tries to do a sneaky untimely updates so that my PS3 is the only system technically connected to the internet but only so much I can do unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

Hey Kuro Tao. Sorry for not coming back to VF5FS after you came back. I had been awake since 3AM so I slept for a bit. I'll sign in to PSN now if you want some games.

Advertisement