Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10 Exchange Wholesale NGA Trial launching by today. *31 January*

Options
  • 31-01-2013 11:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom were to launch 10 exchanges by today, 31 January, in order to properly test their systems for ordering/provisioning/fault reporting etc, Basically a pilot scheme+ sort of test.

1. Can we have a list of the 10 exchanges that are to launch by today please???
    2. If the launch date has been delayed when is it intended to launch these exchanges???
    3. Will the trial include IPTV?

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/News/NGA_Phase_5/
    The Wholesale NGA trial will commence in January 2013, in 10 locations across Ireland.

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Eircom were to launch 10 exchanges by today, 31 January, in order to properly test their systems for ordering/provisioning/fault reporting etc, Basically a pilot scheme+ sort of test.

1. Can we have a list of the 10 exchanges that are to launch by today please???
    2. If the launch date has been delayed when is it intended to launch these exchanges???
    3. Will the trial include IPTV?

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/News/NGA_Phase_5/

TIA
    Hi Sponge Bob

The NGA trial is being run by eircom Wholesale in conjunction with participating Operators.

We in eircom retail have no information about who will participate in the trial, nor in the locations they may choose.

This information may be made available by eircom Wholesale through its own channels, but we cannot comment on this here.

As someone with experience in this sector I’m sure you understand the regulatory sensitivity that surrounds this issue.

Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I was left with the clear impression that the 10 locations would be determined by eircom wholesale and available to all resellers Tony.

I would be surprised were the largest carrier, eircom retail , refusing to participate in such a systems trial TBH but I'll enquire elsewhere to see how it is progressing. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I was left with the clear impression that the 10 locations would be determined by eircom wholesale and available to all resellers Tony.

I would be surprised were the largest carrier, eircom retail , refusing to participate in such a systems trial TBH but I'll enquire elsewhere to see how it is progressing.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    No problem Sponge Bob. I have asked to be updated with this information as soon as it is available.
    Tony

Advertisement