Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help picking correct engine oil

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Go for the semi synthetic. You dont need fully syn in that bike and bikes with a wet clutch can get clutch slip with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Oryx wrote: »
    Go for the semi synthetic. You dont need fully syn in that bike and bikes with a wet clutch can get clutch slip with it.

Great.thanks man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

unless you're getting some money off (sales, or discount card), I wouldnt be buying from halfords - personal preference mind

opieoils.co.uk
    intrexcarparts.ie
    oil.ie

/edit oh, and motorcycleshop.ie too, and they do free delivery for orders over 49e

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Or your local mc shop. Support them or theyll be gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I was looking at them oils in Halfrauds when they where doing the deals on the car oil. Bike and car where due at the same time. Got the same stuff for a good bit cheaper in Cotters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,408 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You dont need fully syn in that bike and bikes with a wet clutch can get clutch slip with it.

Clutch slip is only a problem with car oils, bike specific synthetic oil is fine.

Car oils designated SH or higher have friction reducers which can cause clutch slip, that's why Kawasaki say SH or higher oils should also be rated JASO MA which is a bike specific rating. SG or lesser car oils are OK but some manufacturers (e.g. Triumph) only recommend fully synth oil in their bikes.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,408 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Last time I went looking for 4L of synth bike oil in my local bike shop, they didn't have any :confused: I wasn't in a hurry and they said they'd get it in for me, they didn't. A lot of places (not just bike shops) only have themselves to blame if people go to UK multiples or online.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Semi is fine. Id recommend Castrol or silkoline.

Advertisement