Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back on the E-Cigs, lil help kicking the habit please!

Options
  • 31-01-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

SO, back to basics. I've just charged up my 2 Ego C batteries, a bunch of fresh carts and a selection of juice to beat the band. This time I'm determined to do it properly without any stupid excuses (hmm we'll see).

Anyway here are a few things that are plaguing me, wonder if any of you might have some advice..?

Carts: I don't smoke much, will possibly only be vaping in the evening and when I go drinking. If I pre-fill carts for a night out, will they dry up or go off? How long do they last like that?

Batteries: Pain in the arse, went for the manual originally and now the battery drains down in my pocket when pressed accidentally. Anyone know of any cases around that would fit the Ego C with a couple 510 carts and 10mls of juice?

Filling: Condom fill or dripping, I've heard pro's and cons on both sides, whats the general consensus?

Help would be more then appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

about the battery try to press 5 times the button to turn it off before put it on the pocket! iys other 5 times to turn it on! did you try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

rui1000 wrote: »
    about the battery try to press 5 times the button to turn it off before put it on the pocket! iys other 5 times to turn it on! did you try that?

HA! Never knew you could do that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

1. Turn the batteries off when they are in your pocket by clicking the button 5 times till it flashes.

2. Get a lanyard so the unit is always at hand when you feel the urge for a toke.

3. Those carts are honestly such a disappointment IMHO I'd get yourself a refillable tank like the Kanger, CE5+ or even an Ego-C tank (not as good as the others though) you wont believe the flavor difference.

It took me a few months of occasional smoking e.g. one a day + the rest of the day with an ego-t which was "ok" before I bit the bullet, bought a variable voltage and decent tank and never touched a fag since - as the flavour was 1000000 times better than smoking where before the ecig was just filling the gap, now it was pleasure.

ego-lanyard-31-p.jpg
    Ego Lanyard

8407860394_f035a8c67e.jpg
    CE5 Tank

107355d1339239959-anyone-have-white-battery-ego-twist-white.jpg

Variable Voltage Ego

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

what kind of cartridges have you got? do you fill up by taking the top off and pouring juice onto cotton inside it or is it a tank where you can see the juice inside?

filling the cotton one and putting in your pocket may leak slightly but usually only if you've over filled it it also might dry out after a few days or weeks but not if you fill them before going out. the tank is sealed and should only leak if broken. juice goes off after 2 years so no need to worry there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

was.deevey wrote: »
    1. Turn the batteries off when they are in your pocket by clicking the button 5 times till it flashes.

2. Get a lanyard so the unit is always at hand when you feel the urge for a toke.

3. Those carts are honestly such a disappointment IMHO I'd get yourself a refillable tank like the Kanger, CE5+ or even an Ego-C tank (not as good as the others though) you wont believe the flavor difference.

It took me a few months of occasional smoking e.g. one a day + the rest of the day with an ego-t which was "ok" before I bit the bullet, bought a variable voltage and decent tank and never touched a fag since - as the flavour was 1000000 times better than smoking where before the ecig was just filling the gap, now it was pleasure.

ego-lanyard-31-p.jpg
    Ego Lanyard

8407860394_f035a8c67e.jpg
    CE5 Tank

107355d1339239959-anyone-have-white-battery-ego-twist-white.jpg

Variable Voltage Ego

So with a tank you just fill the whole thing with juice then plug and go??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

So with a tank you just fill the whole thing with juice then plug and go??

Yep - holds 1.6 ml, if I was out on a very long night (+5 hours) I'd bring a bottle of juice as well in my pocket for refills, you don't need a syringe or anything.

You replace the heads (stringy bits attached) every few weeks when it tastes bad or wears out @ about 2 euro each appx.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

was.deevey wrote: »
    Yep - holds 1.6 ml, if I was out on a very long night (+5 hours) I'd bring a bottle of juice as well in my pocket for refills, you don't need a syringe or anything.

You replace the heads (stringy bits attached) every few weeks when it tastes bad or wears out @ about 2 euro each appx.

I can't comment on deeveys tank as I haven't used it, but the kanger t2 holds 2.4ml and my original three tanks lasted six months (with a new head every week or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Kanger T3 Clearomizer best by far

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kngt3.htm

2.4ml of liquid but actually more, get low resistance (LR)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Kanger T3 Clearomizer best by far

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kngt3.htm

2.4ml of liquid but actually more, get low resistance (LR)

Totally agree, Im back to vaping, and, as of Today I haven't had a ciggy in a whole month :D

I stopped vaping and went back on the fags nearly a year ago because I was sick of cartomisers and hate the burnt filler taste you get from them.

Tried the mini nova clearomiser tank first but that drank juice so fast and leaked the odd bit but was still great. Now using the Kanger T3 and I love it, fill it once a day, change the heads every 8/9 days and it NEVER leaks and ive dropped it loads!

Advertisement