Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosion last night (30/31.01)?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Huge explosion like a thunder has wake me up last night, and the only i remember was me saying: "WTF was that?!".

Did you hear, notice anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

It was thunder ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Excellent thread, the noise like thunder was thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yep, thunder! And by golly it was close by. Followed the flash instantaneously, and set off all the house and car alarms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah that was you was it!? :mad: :p

what I said on the weather forum
    At 00.45 it went a bit mad in Waterford, the rain was horizontal and smashing against the front door window, the wind was so loud I actually leapt out of bed to check it was still outside and not rampaging down the hall - throw in thunder and lightening and it was pretty intense for a while.

When I woke this morning I had a quick look out the windows to see if the shed still had a roof and then dressed to check if sat dish, internet antenna and so on was still standing but all was fine, in fact in the dead calm it was like nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

jad2007 wrote: »
    Excellent thread, the noise like thunder was thunder.

My neighbourhood is really weird, so first idea was shooting, or suicide bombing;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

mike65 wrote: »
    Ah that was you was it!? :mad: :p

what I said on the weather forum:
    At 00.45 it went a bit mad in Waterford, the rain was horizontal and smashing against the front door window, the wind was so loud I actually leapt out of bed to check it was still outside and not rampaging down the hall - throw in thunder and lightening and it was pretty intense for a while.

When I woke this morning I had a quick look out the windows to see if the shed still had a roof and then dressed to check if sat dish, internet antenna and so on was still standing but all was fine, in fact in the dead calm it was like nothing happened.

That's quite poetic Mike!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

What time was all this at? I didn't hear a thing. I must have slept through it all which is unbelievable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Was about 1am, the rain was really really heavy the wind was very strong and then Thunder and lightning, the lightning was so bad nearly cooked my eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah it was about 00:45. My neighbour's empty bin blew over and travelled about 15 feet down the road. Had to go out in the pissing rain to stop it hitting my car! Rain was horizontal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That's quite poetic Mike!

Its part of a novel wat I rote :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement