Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MVS Quick Question

• 31-01-2013 12:48pm

Could someone please confirm that this is just a refresh rate issue with the tv I tested my MVS 1 slot on?
    Looks like this,sound perfect

Thanks

2013-01-30%252017.27.54.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How have you got it connected up? A supergun?

Have you used a proper RGB cable and is it going into the correct RGB scart socket on your TV? (there may be multiple sockets, but one will probably only support RGB)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If it's a Supergun then there will be some sort of sync adjustment, either a pot or a switch, give it a try.
    Different Superguns have different video output options, check the Supergun model number and Google it.
    Single slot mvs boards are fairly compatible overall, I have had mine plugged into all manner of displays via both 2 versions of Supergun and through my cab with no issues.

Its some form of supergun for the moment,
    I waiting on a delivery next week so I wont need the super gun ;);)

Its got a vga at the gun end and a scart at the other.
    I just stuck it in one of the scarts. I thought they'd be the same.

Problem is I dont have a crt tv so I had to go to a mates gaff!

Heres a pic of it,
    No labels or anything on it.
    2013-01-29%252020.13.58.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    I waiting on a delivery next week so I wont need the super gun ;);)

You bought a CD-i & won't have time to play arcade games anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Try gently twiddling with any available knobs.
    May be best to do this in private....
    If you are going to adjust something, take care to remember where it is, so after you try a new setting you can move it back if the effort is ineffective or makes it worse.

Will check it out.
    Do you think its just a sync problem tho,
    I mean it looks to be working and this isnt really an issue with the hardware itself.
    So if I put this into a jamma cab I'm laughing

On the cd-i
    I'll post pics when it comes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

That looks like the vertical sync messed up a bit. Not sure if its adjustable, the MVS outputs composite sync.

Is it plugging into a TV via SCART or what ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Probably no point trying to diagnose the problem since that isn't going to be it's proper home by the sounds of it. Wait til you have it plugged into your cab and then see what it's like, you should be able to adjust the picture then if need be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Probably no point trying to diagnose the problem since that isn't going to be it's proper home by the sounds of it. Wait til you have it plugged into your cab and then see what it's like, you should be able to adjust the picture then if need be.

Spoilsport :D:D

yeah Just on a scart.Or a scat lead as Gf's mother called it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My mother calls them scarTH leads. Drives me mad :D

Regarding that supergun, just so you know, they can be pretty pricey. Once you receive your delivery you should be able to sell it on for a nice little sum.

Its actually not mine,
    I've got a loan of the mobo,super gun and a box of carts from my cousin.
    Fair play to him,he's a living legend (he probably reading this ;))

Advertisement