Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen @ Nowlan Park

Options
  • 31-01-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Tickets for 2 shows at end of July go on sale next Thursday at 9am.
    Does anyone know if there is still a ticket outlet in Waterford or do we have to take our chances on the Ticketmadter website?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Does anyone know if there is still a ticket outlet in Waterford or do we have to take our chances on the Ticketmadter website?

Fair play to KK, once again showing Waterford up for the depressing, lifeless kip that it is. They got the Boss, we got the Waxies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yes there is one in Centra on John Street. For those about to moan about why Waterford doesn't get anything like it, it's because Nowlan Park has a much higher capacity stadium than anything in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Partizan wrote: »

Fair play to KK, once again showing Waterford up for the depressing, lifeless kip that it is. They got the Boss, we got the Waxies.

In fairness, kk is a bit better located geographically for a big gig. And since there's already a gig in Cork, they've got the southern seaboard covered. Presumably they're hoping to tempt people out of the Pale and from the midlands.

Where would you have that gig in Waterford anyway? Walsh Park or The RSC, neither with the capacity of Nowlan Park nor as accessible (straight run to the motorway out the Hebron road).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

To be fair we got Bressie....
    ..... And jedward.......
    ...... In dungarvan......
    ..... That barely sold any tickets......
    ...... And was organised by monkeys......
    ...... What was my point again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Tickets priced E90 General Admission and E100 Seated go on sale Thursday 7 February at 09:00

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Minister up to his old tricks again I see. Is there anything that Hogan fella won't do to damage Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

Sully wrote: »
    Minister up to his old tricks again I see. Is there anything that Hogan fella won't do to damage Waterford?

Rumour has it that Big Phil already has a request in for 'We Take Care of Our Own'.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You got 50 Cent as well :D

The Boss is a good choice, 30, 40 and 50 year olds are much more likely to spend money on decent food, hotel rooms etc when visiting Kilkenny then say the fans of 50 Cent would. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

TheGormog wrote: »
    Rumour has it that Big Phil already has a request in for 'We Take Care of Our Own'.

Post of the day! Month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

We really need to up our game in this city or we might as well just shut the place down , Kilkenny on RTE news about this we are on the news over b and q .

• Advertisement

12.9 % unemployment in Dublin and mid west go figure compared to touching 20 % in south east .

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

i dont expect too many people will be able to afford the tickets for springsteen....sure where would people get the money for a concert in this day and age???

I expect Nowlan Park to be empty....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I reckon he taps into the same type of audience profile as the Rolling Stones, financially secure, middle aged, grown up kids. He'll fill it.

sure arent all these middle-aged people paying the mortgage for their kids??? and those in the 30/40 age group are all caught in negative equity?? I just cant see where the audience will come from...sure people are broke....

Worth between 8 and 10 million to the city apparently !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

sure arent all these middle-aged people paying the mortgage for their kids??? and those in the 30/40 age group are all caught in negative equity?? I just cant see where the audience will come from...sure people are broke....

A broad sweeping generalisation without basis in reality. Not all people are the same or in the same financial boat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i dont expect too many people will be able to afford the tickets for springsteen....sure where would people get the money for a concert in this day and age???

I expect Nowlan Park to be empty....

Don't be jealous that Kilkenny GAA will show up Dungarvan attempt at a festival :D

Sully wrote: »
    Don't be jealous that Kilkenny GAA will show up Dungarvan attempt at a festival :D

please note my sarcasm!!! Fair play to KK!!

please note my sarcasm!!! Fair play to KK!!

It had to be said all the same. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Take your chances? It wont be an instant sell out

• Advertisement
Advertisement