Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Space 3 on release day, online or in stores?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So wanna get DS3 on release day, great prices online at zavvi but I have a feeling I will have to wait till the monday after to get it, so would I be better to get it in Smyths or xtravision for the extra €10/20 on release or get it online and hope that it arrives on release day?

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Hi i ordered dead space 2 last time from zavvi got it cheaper but it came 3 or 4 days late also was suppose to get some free dlc guns and suits as pre order bonus never got emailed them so it wasnt great experence that way but if you aint to bothered guess its the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah that doesnt sound too good for pre-ordering with them.

How are amazon with delivery on release day? Do games arrive on on the day of release or do they get delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I wonder if Tesco will sell it for €35 like other high profile new releases...

I wonder if Tesco will sell it for €35 like other high profile new releases...

My local Tescos ALWAYS charges €59.99 for any new release on 360 for the first month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Quick check on gamestop.ie says it's 49.97 to pre order online, add postage to that , that price means it will be €5 dearer in the shop and Xtravision are selling for 54.99 so little difference there, for my money unless I was trading a game in I'd be prepared to wait now until the monday to get the game if the saving was in the region of €10 up from buying on line.

When hmv was there I was willing to pop in and see how much it was, now if the saving if big enough ill shop online.

Off topic I could not resist checking on gamestop how much the new gears game was, it's down from 69.97 to 59.97 on the site meaning nit will be 64.99 in the shops, pre-order on amazon is £40 so about €48 for that kind of saving I'd definately be prepared to wait for postage ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭viktor1104

I have pre-order 2 games and may swap or sell one of them if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

€48.99 in Argos

Anybody know the price in Tesco or Supervalu ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah that doesnt sound too good for pre-ordering with them.

How are amazon with delivery on release day? Do games arrive on on the day of release or do they get delayed?

Amazon usually ship on release day. You'll never get it on release from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

55 in tesco and gamestop... no idea about centra, argos it is so....

€48.99 in Argos

Anybody know the price in Tesco or Supervalu ??

Ah poo!

Stupidly got it in GS this morning for €55. Didnt even think of Argos, ah well, at least the dev got the money out of me some way shape or form.

Argos for Bioshock next month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Anyone know if SuperValu have it and the price if they do?

Advertisement