Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car/Vehicle lock box/safe????

• 31-01-2013 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to fit a small gun safe or lock box in my car for times when transporing a pistol (subject to getting the FA licence :-) ).

I'm looking for someting large enough to accommadate the gun but not so big that it takes up half the boot.

Idealy It will be bolted inplace (with bolts internal to the box).

I can't seem to find one - even looking on the internet....

I have seen something along the lines of what I want in Woddies but this doesn't have mounting bolts (Of course I might be able to drill them etc....)

I would like to get something purpose made though. A paramedic friend has suggested that they have strong boxes or small drug safes in some of their vehicles and they are fixed in place - this would possible do me as well, but where would I get one as a consumer.

Any ideas???

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

After a while your not use it. IMO.

Or use something like this.
    A cartridge box and chain and padlock down in the boot. It will stop it being taken on the off chance

l_beretta%20cartridge%20box.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Irish company with a serious choice of safes, lockers, etc.

Worth a look.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I got a fingerprint activated "Gunvault" in Hilltop. I have it secured to the car with a wire cable and padlock inside the safe so easily removable.
    Give Pat a call he may have more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

I think this is what you are looking for.

http://www.brattonsound.co.uk/auto_sentinel.html

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You could go to a surplus store and buy a ammo box for .5.56 ammo,[make sure your prospective pistol will fit:) ]and get a hole drilled behind the lock mechanism.Get a threaded bolt of large enough dia for the hole and get a hole drilled across it for a padlock.
    Drill one or two holes in the box and whatever point you are mounting it to your car,bolt together making sure you have enough room to clear the lid when opening.Costs about 10 quid in materials.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement