Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT31 Form - Tax Back

• 31-01-2013 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm in my second year of a two year part time Masters. I applied and received tax back last year, but for the life of me I cant remember where I sent the filled in form back. Can anyone enlighten me?

I have searched online but I doesn't seem clear cut. I remember being confused last year too.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Im not totally sure but I would be thinking your local tax office, Im on work placement at the moment and thats where I had to send all my tax stuff so I would think anything to do with tax should go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I assume you are in kildare so East and South East Region

Office of the Revenue Commissioners,
    East & South East Region,
    PAYE Mail Centre,
    P.O. Box 1,
    Rosslare Harbour,
    Co.Wexford.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

I assume you are in kildare so East and South East Region

Office of the Revenue Commissioners,
    East & South East Region,
    PAYE Mail Centre,
    P.O. Box 1,
    Rosslare Harbour,
    Co.Wexford.

That sounds familiar. That may have been the address I sent last years one to. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If my employer pays 90% am I still entitled to a tax refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

niallo27 wrote: »
    If my employer pays 90% am I still entitled to a tax refund.

Probably not, but it depends on how much you paid yourself. There is a threshold - I can't remember what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

innad wrote: »
    Probably not, but it depends on how much you paid yourself. There is a threshold - I can't remember what it is.

I paid 4 and half grand. I will get 90% back. I got half back by cheque. Will revenue know that work gave me money towards my course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

niallo27 wrote: »
    I paid 4 and half grand. I will get 90% back. I got half back by cheque. Will revenue know that work gave me money towards my course.

You have a legal obligation to state on the form any contributions you received towards the fees from other sources.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Asked and answered.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement