Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 people killed in freak hailstorm India

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm inclined to call shenanigans on that tale, look at the 'hail', its has regular edges. And those two women are posed, those brushwood brooms wouldn't budge gravel, never mind 3lb lumps of ice. The ground conditions look like a hoar frost that has binded onto wet vegetation, not precipitation.

Not impossible of course, that Bangladesh event is infamous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Crazy hail just came down in inchicore!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 byrnecontrol

Have you read some of the other stories on that site...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Nigeria news? Sqare hail stones???

I'm interested to see did the guy get his money. Apparently his cousin held €1,000,000,000 for him but he can't raise the €250 court fee to release it.,.... Fascinating stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Jake1 wrote: »
    jesus, must have been fierce. Couldnt even imagine...I lived in Texas, we got big hail there, but nothing like this!!:eek:

Hailstones the size of boulders have rained down on villages in southern India.
    At least nine people were killed when the violent weather hit several villages in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
    The hailstorm which lasted for almost 20 minutes, destroyed crops, houses and live stock, causing devastating financial implications for residents.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/nigeria-news/8644-nine-people-killed-as-freak-hailstorm-rains-massive-boulders-down-on-indian-villages.html

pure shiit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

duckysauce wrote: »
    pure shiit

What is shit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

Not sure why Jake1 found that news on a Nigerian newspaper, but this did indeed happen in India.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/130131/news-current-affairs/article/chevella-andhra-pradesh-hails-snow

Snow in India is not news by itself, but it never snows anywhere in India other than the extreme north / foothills of Himalayas etc.

Andra Pradesh is as far south as Southern Sahara (Mali, Sudan ) or Saudi Arabia, Yemen etc, which is why this was so newsworthy. I lived even further south and have seen hailstones exactly twice in 20 years, that's how rare it is. So you can imagine the damage hailstones / ice falling from the sky would do the villages there. People and livestock dying of cold when temperature drops below 10 degree C is rather common in India.

Advertisement