Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frequent DSL disconnections

Options
  • 31-01-2013 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello,

I've been using DSL without any issue for over a year on my current landline (Moycullen, Co. Galway), but since late last week, i'm experiencing frequent DSL disconnections. They don't last long, the router reconnecting almost immediately, but that's enough to make online games and voice chat unusable.

I sometimes get up to two hours of persistent connection, but it can go to a disconnection every 15-20 minutes. Could you please tell me whether there's any known issue with the local exchange? I can PM landline number/UAN.

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cafard wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been using DSL without any issue for over a year on my current landline (Moycullen, Co. Galway), but since late last week, i'm experiencing frequent DSL disconnections. They don't last long, the router reconnecting almost immediately, but that's enough to make online games and voice chat unusable.

I sometimes get up to two hours of persistent connection, but it can go to a disconnection every 15-20 minutes. Could you please tell me whether there's any known issue with the local exchange? I can PM landline number/UAN.

Regards.
    Hi cafard

Please PM me your landline number and I will look into this.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Same problem here been happening for past two days.When I play games my DSL light is always on, but my internet light keeps disappearing for 20-30 seconds frequently and it makes playing games and even watching videos or movies online very irritating because they keep freezing.

I too can get stable connection for two-three hours, but I've noticed that around 8PM and later this is happening. In that case that could be congestion, but I'm on next gen broadband which assumingly has no congestion as stated in the website.

Cafard, where about's are you located?

thret wrote: »
    Same problem here been happening for past two days.When I play games my DSL light is always on, but my internet light keeps disappearing for 20-30 seconds frequently and it makes playing games and even watching videos or movies online very irritating because they keep freezing.

I too can get stable connection for two-three hours, but I've noticed that around 8PM and later this is happening. In that case that could be congestion, but I'm on next gen broadband which assumingly has no congestion as stated in the website.

Hi thret

I have your landline number from a previous query you had in the past, I will look into this for you and get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cafard

Hi Thret. I'm around Leagaun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Hi cafard

Al has send you a PM in relation to this.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement

Ah. I'm in Meath so can't be exchange.

Hi thret

I have your landline number from a previous query you had in the past, I will look into this for you and get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards

Al

Any updates? It's really irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

I'm guessing this is weather related coz I have been experiencing the exact same thing. Online gaming has been impossible now as it disconnects every 15 minutes.
    It was always fine up until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

I'm getting the same disconnections over the last week. I'm outside Clonmel in Tipperary. I look in my modem settings and it now says:

Speed:
    3776 kbps /384 kbps

I'm pretty sure that was usually over 7000 kbps until recently.

mackD wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is weather related coz I have been experiencing the exact same thing. Online gaming has been impossible now as it disconnects every 15 minutes.
    It was always fine up until recently.

Hi mackD

There is not much weathering going on where I live, its nice and sunny for past few days.

• Advertisement

Hi mackD

There is not much weathering going on where I live, its nice and sunny for past few days.
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi thret

Apologies for the delays, I have looked into this and I have conducted a few tests on your line. Tests on your line confirm that there is no issue with the line itself, however further tests conclude that your modem is in need of a firmware update and this may indeed contributing to the issue in hand. I can email you the firmware update file with instructions on how to upload the file. Can you please PM me an email address for you? I will email you the file and instructions as soon as I have an email address for you.

Kind regards

Al[/font]

Hi thret

Apologies for the delays, I have looked into this and I have conducted a few tests on your line. Tests on your line confirm that there is no issue with the line itself, however further tests conclude that your modem is in need of a firmware update and this may indeed contributing to the issue in hand. I can email you the firmware update file with instructions on how to upload the file. Can you please PM me an email address for you? I will email you the file and instructions as soon as I have an email address for you.

Kind regards

Al
    Thanks for checking this out for me Al.
    I sent you a pm with my email address. :)

Thanks for checking this out for me Al.
    I sent you a pm with my email address.
    You are more than welcome thret

regards

Al

Advertisement