Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is anyone/everyone in a riding club

Options
  • 31-01-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    as the topic says
    is everyone in a riding club
    do you find it value for money
    are your club active ?

Do you compete or do you have the time ?
    do you do SJI is it worth it membership fee fee for each show travel expense
    etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I'm not currently in a riding club, but I would like to join one.

I think they're great for getting to know people, competing and having more advanced/regular training. I think it depends on the club you join, some clubs are more active than others.

If you don't have your own horse and transport, it can be expensive (not that having your own isn't expensive!), as you have to pay for horse hire and transport.

I think if you are interested in competing regularly then the SJAI is definitely worth it - you can build up points on your horse if he is registered which makes for a nicer "CV" should you decide to sell. I'm not sure if iSJAI registration is worth it if you don't have your own, unless you compete regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

yes
    i think it all depends on time money and what area you are in some areas have very active members and clubs
    some others dont

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'm in a riding club, it's great fun.We park together at shows so there's always someone to lend a hand. Great socially too.We have a club night each week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

I'm a member of a very active riding club, I find it great support as well as a great way to learn from a good variety of activities and instructors. For me it is value for money because the club is so active (at least one event per week, sometimes up to three).

I don't do SJI, I find TREC better value for money and I enjoy the challenge for so many different skills in TREC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I'm in a riding club, it's great fun.We park together at shows so there's always someone to lend a hand. Great socially too.We have a club night each week as well.

yes i say that is good ould crack alright
    there is nothing like that in my area like a weekly lesson or anything

Trec seems to be becoming very popular however i would presume it is time consuming with going to an event navigatiion etc and getting home ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement