Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business name ideas

Options
  • 31-01-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Looking for your help please..

Trying to come up with a name for selling
    character(peppa,hello kitty) shoes backpacks etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

KidStuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Diar35

Good name but the domain name is sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

pigsncats

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

www.spoiltbrats.com is still available!

Go on, I dare you! :rolleyes:

www.spoiltbrats.com is still available!

Go on, I dare you! :rolleyes:

Ha ha good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

coolkids.ie is available....

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Diar35 wrote: »
    Looking for your help please..

Trying to come up with a name for selling
    character(peppa,hello kitty) shoes backpacks etc.

Is this stuff licensed merchandise? I know through my own business that the owners of the "Hello Kitty" brand are very aggressive in pursuing anyone using it without permission and conduct internet searches to detect breaches. I am not suggesting you are anything other than legit,just giving you the heads up.:)

All is licensed above board as they say.
    Yeh no worries. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Little Bratz ?

• Advertisement

Good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Good one

No problem.

Bitz n Bratz ?

:)

What do you think...." little characters".ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What do you think...." little characters".ie
    I still think coolkids.ie is your best option. Opens you to sell a wider choice of product and i's shorter and easier to type/remember.

Yeh think your right.
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ohbrenda

How about asking a group of kids to come up with a name. Kids are likely to be drawn to something that others kids are clued into. Like a mini focus group I mean. If the big companies do this for branding, why not the little ones? A standout name is what you're after. Best of Luck with your venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

ohbrenda wrote: »
    How about asking a group of kids to come up with a name. Kids are likely to be drawn to something that others kids are clued into. Like a mini focus group I mean. If the big companies do this for branding, why not the little ones? A standout name is what you're after.

If kids had credit cards and bought their own backpacks etc. you'd be on to a winner with that idea.

Ha ha be laughing alright.
    Be like winning the lotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lookingforward

There is already a koolkids.ie activity centre in Cavan. what about kidzgear or kidequip

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

There is already a koolkids.ie activity centre in Cavan. what about kidzgear or kidequip

Pretty remiss of the owner of 'koolkids.ie' not to register 'coolkids.ie' also!

As the OP's business is online retail and not an activity centre, which would by it's nature have a local market, I wouldn't see too much of an issue with the other site's similar name.

OP should also consider the availability of the chosen domain name in other extensions (.co.uk, .eu, .com)
    Ireland is a very small market and you may find that exporting is necessary

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. yeh really need .co.uk
    can't just rely on Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

ohbrenda wrote: »
    How about asking a group of kids to come up with a name. Kids are likely to be drawn to something that others kids are clued into. Like a mini focus group I mean. If the big companies do this for branding, why not the little ones? A standout name is what you're after. Best of Luck with your venture.

Not a bad idea. You just might be surprised with what kids can come up with. You don't have to actually take up their suggested names but I'd say there is no harm in asking.

Back in the late 1990's I lived in Finland fairly near the town of Nokia and most of the people I knew were Nokia engineers, product designers, etc. A well known local story was how a senior Nokia executive once went into his son's classroom and asked the kids what changes they wanted to see on mobile phones. The kids told him they wanted to be able to change the colours of their phone. No adult had ever thought of the idea, we were all conditioned to think that mobile phones were grey or black and that was it. The Nokia executive took the kids idea and were the first company to manufacture changeable covers.

The kids idea went on to makes hundreds of millions for Nokia who could manufacture colourful phone covers for pennies in Asia and then sell them for €20+ in Europe and the US. The profit margins on phone covers were far higher than on any of their phones. They made an absiolute killing and kids and teenagers loved their innovation and flocked to using Nokia phones as a result

Today mobile phone covers are a several billion dollar industry worldwide. And all from the brain of a 12 year old Finnish kid.

Advertisement