Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job interview at UL

Options
  • 31-01-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I have an interview for a job in the university next week. Is there any insider information that would be good to know?

I once had another interview in an college and was asked 'what is the college most well known for?" I had only recently moved to the area so hadn't a clue what answer they were looking for. (The college is most well known for its rag week antics as far as I'm aware, but thats definitely not what they were looking for!)

So I'm just hoping some of you might have some tips....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Little My wrote: »
    I have an interview for a job in the university next week. Is there any insider information that would be good to know?

I once had another interview in an college and was asked 'what is the college most well known for?" I had only recently moved to the area so hadn't a clue what answer they were looking for. (The college is most well known for its rag week antics as far as I'm aware, but thats definitely not what they were looking for!)

So I'm just hoping some of you might have some tips....

Well for what UL is known for we're known for love of and commitment to sport, our campus and recently UL has identified 6 core attributes of graduates (responsible, articulate, proactive, creative, collaborative and knowledgeable) which they want to help us develop so that we will be more attractive to future employers (relative to graduates from other colleges).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Throw in a bit of the 40 Year Anniversary too,
    Say you saw it on the news, TV, newspapers, word of mouth,
    They'll lap that up,
    A successful campaign :P

Compliment it's twirly design on the walkway from library to Kemmy building too,
    And the various pieces of abstract art around the place,
    They'll be asking you how long you want the contract.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Thanks for the tips. Anything else they might ask about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭sigmund.jung

do you own research there buddy. What kind of job is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Darth Frodo

It may be useful to know that UL is extremely focused on getting it's graduates Jobs.
    I'm only familiar with the Maths/Physics Dept. But you'll find that A LOT if not all the research is in the Applications of Math/Physics in industry.
    http://www.ul.ie/news-centre/news/a-focus-on-industry-relevant-research-secures-ul-over-3million-in-sfi-fundi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Thanks for the tips. Interview went well - fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

What was the position?

Advertisement