Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Liquid - Not quite right

Options
  • 31-01-2013 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Just made up 15 ml @ 6mg of Flavour Art Vaniila, but it don't taste like Vanilla, don't taste like anything I can put my finger on.
    Is it because of the juice flavour not doing what it says on the tin (bottle) or do I have to leave it for a few days or even weeks for the flavour to enhance itself in the bottle, only 2nd time making my own juice and the first one never tasted like the flavour it was supposed to be either.
    Not saying it horrible, but it would be nice to get the flavour your trying to make up.
    Any thoughts?

:Edit: The flavoring made up 25% of 15 ml.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

from what I remember you should leave it for a while after mixing, a day or 2 at least. would be interested to know too cause I'm gonna make a mix tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

25% is a bit much, if you put too much it can end up screwing everything up and not tasting like it should iirc

i think 5-10% is usual for flavourings, some are so concentrated you put in 1-2% or even less.. but 5-10% is usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

My recollection of the flavour art flavourings is that they are veeery concentrated. 2-3 drops per 5ml was what i used when i bought them....if i went with too much, the flavour was all over the place

Maybe try 5ml of base, add a few drops of flavour, good shake. Drip it on an atty and vape. Till you find where the flavour is good, don't forget to count the amount of flavour drops!!

Edit: FlavourArt Concentration Guide - Vanilla @ 2%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

25% is a bit much, if you put too much it can end up screwing everything up and not tasting like it should iirc

i think 5-10% is usual for flavourings, some are so concentrated you put in 1-2% or even less.. but 5-10% is usual
    Well fek my old boots, the e juice calcs I see as default all had it down as 20%, so I put an extra 5% for more flavour, will make up another batch tonight at work and try 10%, what about time to settle/brew before use?

Gryzor wrote: »
    My recollection of the flavour art flavourings is that they are veeery concentrated. 2-3 drops per 5ml was what i used when i bought them....if i went with too much, the flavour was all over the place

Maybe try 5ml of base, add a few drops of flavour, good shake. Drip it on an atty and vape. Till you find where the flavour is good, don't forget to count the amount of flavour drops!!
    Only saw your reply after replying to Dig's post, so will put even less in than my previous post, cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

That vanilla's very strong, I've used it at 5% (with milk chocolate - YUM) and it pops out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just in case you don't see the edit on my previous post

FlavourArt Concentration Guide - Vanilla @ 2%

Gryzor wrote: »
    Just in case you don't see the edit on my previous post

FlavourArt Concentration Guide - Vanilla @ 2%

I cremated mine so :D, thanks Gryz, will make up another 15 ml tonight.

Made up a 10 ml bottle, and still tastes nothing like bloody Vanilla :( just a watered down version of the bottle I made yesterday. Must be the juice.
    Going to have a go now with my Vanilla from Inawera, but looked on the website and no indication of how much to use like the Flower Art site, anyone made up juice with this one?

BTW where the hell do they get their quotes of 20 drops per ml? made up based on that and it barely made 5ml, so dropped into my shringe until it hit the 1ml mark and it took 37 drops :eek: and now it looks like a 10 ml bottle of juice.

A bit off topic which is unusual for me ;), but has anyone got/tried the Vision Eternity Rebuildable Atomizer? saw Phil Bastardo's vid and looks like something even I could recoil (plus spare ones to buy if I lose the rag) the thing that I liked the most is it takes 40 drops, thats 1ml (that's 1ml by my calcs or if you go off them Wally's drops/ml 2ml)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Re. The eternity rda havent got one but I want one, p bastardo haha gives it a great review, no leaks, great flavour, etc. For me it looks like a great way to get into rebuildables without spending alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

kiffy wrote: »
    Made up a 10 ml bottle, and still tastes nothing like bloody Vanilla :( just a watered down version of the bottle I made yesterday. Must be the juice.
    Going to have a go now with my Vanilla from Inawera, but looked on the website and no indication of how much to use like the Flower Art site, anyone made up juice with this one?

BTW where the hell do they get their quotes of 20 drops per ml? made up based on that and it barely made 5ml, so dropped into my shringe until it hit the 1ml mark and it took 37 drops :eek: and now it looks like a 10 ml bottle of juice.

A bit off topic which is unusual for me ;), but has anyone got/tried the Vision Eternity Rebuildable Atomizer? saw Phil Bastardo's vid and looks like something even I could recoil (plus spare ones to buy if I lose the rag) the thing that I liked the most is it takes 40 drops, thats 1ml (that's 1ml by my calcs or if you go off them Wally's drops/ml 2ml)

The drop is a from a glass dropper like you find in a chemist, most definitely not from an e liquid bottle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The size of a drop will vary a lot depending on the viscosity of the liquid. For a really thick liquid like undiluted VG, 20 drops could easily be 1ml, but for thinner liquids like PG or flavouring it would be a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

To measure it all correctly use syringes. easiest thing to use especially when its talking about ml's

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I use the juice me up calculator and these flavourings usually at 20% http://alba-vapours.co.uk/mixing-diy-flavours/ultra-strength-water-soluble-flavouring. It's been good for me. I tend to mix lately so I can make my own pg vg nic rates. Just google flavour-art and found this site selling 2 ml samples. Thought I might buy 10 or so. Any suggestions? http://www.flavourart.co.uk/2ml-flavour-samplers-123-p.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Fried Bacon there is a must anyway!

Advertisement