Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Canadian visa 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

13Laura wrote: »
    Ya I know, I'm so grateful for your time. I hate technology!!!When you off to Canada?

probably around late april if all goes well and i get the Letter of introduction, you applied to the irish iec?, when you off?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 13Laura

The what now???Whats that about? God I thought we would be homeward bound after submitting all these forms! Heading in July to Vancouver. Wish we were going that soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

13Laura wrote: »
    The what now???Whats that about? God I thought we would be homeward bound after submitting all these forms! Heading in July to Vancouver. Wish we were going that soon!

the letter of introduction you get to take to the canadian border and they issue the visa there.
    heading to calgary.

Good to know!Anyway thanks again and good luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roisink1990

Looks good, can't wait! Anybody else going to Toronto on IEC Visa this year? :):)

toronto-skyline.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 roisink1990

Looks good, can't wait! Anybody else going to Toronto on IEC Visa this year?:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 help needed plz

So if ANYONE can help me on this I will be very very very very greatful!!!

i applied for my visa last month with no problems and then applied through cic i got a letter back on tuesday saying that I had been refused as I had not supplied all my documents. I have 100% provided all my doc's and my CIC account says "provided" for everytin.

Has anyone else encountered such problems?? And what would ppl suggest I have emailed EVERYONE i think could help!! Should i re-send everytin through my cic as it will allow me to that but I dont want to jeopardize anytin by re-appling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dmurray57

I finished my application and got a confirmation email on the 13th of march, anybody know how long it taking to process the applications?

I got mine 2 and a half weeks later but my friend is still waiting for hers 4 and a half weeks later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 WallyBear

I did mine through the Government site and it took about 3 weeks but I have a friend who used a 3rd party company, could be Visa First but not sure, and he has been waiting over 6 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mcruthie

Hey everyone,

Im pretty new to this but Iv recently been refused a Canadian visa because I didn't submit a proof of payment on time. I was away on holidays for 2 weeks and came home to an email from IEC stating that Iv been refused because I didn't submit a proof of payment on time!! I feel so stupid/angry, anyways Im still very very interested in applying for one again but I was wondering if any of you guys know whats the next step in applying for an IEC visa again? Do I have to wait till they come out again next year or can I apply for it through my IEC-Kompass account now? Because at the bottom of the letter of refusal it states "If you are still interested in applying to participate in the IEC initiative, you must submit a new application through your IEC-Kompass account."

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Mcruthie wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Im pretty new to this but Iv recently been refused a Canadian visa because I didn't submit a proof of payment on time. I was away on holidays for 2 weeks and came home to an email from IEC stating that Iv been refused because I didn't submit a proof of payment on time!! I feel so stupid/angry, anyways Im still very very interested in applying for one again but I was wondering if any of you guys know whats the next step in applying for an IEC visa again? Do I have to wait till they come out again next year or can I apply for it through my IEC-Kompass account now? Because at the bottom of the letter of refusal it states "If you are still interested in applying to participate in the IEC initiative, you must submit a new application through your IEC-Kompass account."

Did they actually send a request for more paper work? Same thing happened to my partner, they said they sent an email requesting paperwork but they never did. Just refused him outright.

You can apply again this year, if your still within the date on your Conditional Acceptance Letter. It gives you a date by which you have to have applied by. We were within date by 2 days,cause it took them so long to get back to him with the rejection.

Just to let you know they forms changed in May- so if you applied before May you will need to re-do your forms again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Sam Swarek

Mcruthie wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

it means you can participate again next year, your place is gone this year because you didn't verify your payment within the allocated time.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Sam Swarek

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Did they actually send a request for more paper work? Same thing happened to my partner, they said they sent an email requesting paperwork but they never did. Just refused him outright.

You can apply again this year, if your still within the date on your Conditional Acceptance Letter. It gives you a date by which you have to have applied by. We were within date by 2 days,cause it took them so long to get back to him with the rejection.

Just to let you know they forms changed in May- so if you applied before May you will need to re-do your forms again :(

you cant apply again this year, your place is lost because the proof of payment wasn't uploaded within the allocated time, you only have a small window in which to upload the proof of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Sam Swarek wrote: »
    you cant apply again this year, your place is lost because the proof of payment wasn't uploaded within the allocated time, you only have a small window in which to upload the proof of payment.

Ah I see that, I misread the original post! doh!! :o Yeah that's a shame for mcruthie if he never got the conditional acceptance letter.
    My partner just got his visa approved, 1 week after reapplying, it took them 12 weeks to refuse it before, go figure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Beehop

Hi there,
    I am looking to apply for an IEC visa for 2014 and was told I need to get an Australian police cert because I spent a year there, but which one do you need to get, the federal name only police cert or the name and fingerprints cert? I was also already in Canada for 10 months in 06/07 and I think I need a fingerprint police cert for that.
    Any help appreciated.

Advertisement