Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Uranos. Want. Where?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 4:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

27332881d1354298534-new-tfctoys-project-uranos-mega-thread-uranos.png

Lads, I'm looking at collecting Project Uranos and am researching where I can get them.

Can anyone suggest the best websites to buy these from? TF source look decent?

The Blackbird is one of my all time favourite planes and I am still recovering from the shocking movie Jetfire. Not sure about the colouring, but it's a perfect replacement for the concorde.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

FutureGuy wrote: »
    27332881d1354298534-new-tfctoys-project-uranos-mega-thread-uranos.png

Lads, I'm looking at collecting Project Uranos and am researching where I can get them.

The Blackbird is one of my all time favourite planes and I am still recovering from the shocking movie Jetfire. Not sure about the colouring, but it's a perfect replacement for the concorde.

I've been drooling over these too :)

The coommentary on some of the boards suggests it would be worth waiting for the second production run given the QC issues with the first run of Hercules.

Will wait and see what the reviews say though.

On sourcing, Kapow toys have pre orders up and so does Gerrut Camarro.nl (need check spelling but it turns up in google)

Looks like it could be a few hundred euros for the full set but i'm sorely tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

FutureGuy wrote: »

TFsource are okay to shop with. Kapow are good too.

Although i personally buy all my TFC items from Chimungmung these days...he's a bit cheaper, very responsive, and will get you replacement parts from the supplier if you have an issue.

The first two components of Uranos haven't had anything like the level of QC issues the first parts of Hercules had....but after the way Hercules started, people would naturally be concerned.

The plastic quality on Eagle and Phantom feels a little lower than on any Hercules components... and the plastic quality on Hercules is not amazing to start off with.

Based on my experiences with Eagle and Phantom...i'm going to say the completed Uranos won't have a lot going for it other than size.

Eagle was a bit disappointing in that the nosecone assembly doesn't actually lock anywhere in robot mode. Your only option to stop it flopping is to kind of support it between the landing gear and the flap at the back of the toys torso.

...and Falcon will be a retool of Eagle, just as Harrier will be a retool of Phantom.

Essentially, i think the bar for 3rd party gestals has been set higher now than TFC are actually reaching.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    I

Looks like it could be a few hundred euros for the full set but i'm sorely tempted!

400-450. (?) If you wait until they're all out, a discount for buying the lot in one go may apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I was looking at them on Robotkindom.com. Also was looking at the not Predaking....jebus they look impressive.

DBK wrote: »
    I was looking at them on Robotkindom.com. Also was looking at the not Predaking....jebus they look impressive.

UT Predaking or MMC Predaking?

Wait...probably UT...i don't think Robotkingdom have any listings for the MMC Predacons yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Think it was the MMC Bovis reformatted jobbies. Those reformatted toys look might impressive.

Wasn't on Robotkingdom. Think it was on http://www.agesthreeandup.com/

I was looking at some many sites for soundwave I lost count. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sweet merciful! :drool

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

wernstrom! wrote: »
    TFsource are okay to shop with. Kapow are good too.

Although i personally buy all my TFC items from Chimungmung these days...he's a bit cheaper, very responsive, and will get you replacement parts from the supplier if you have an issue.

$15 Dollars for worldwide delivery isn't bad! I've been doing some pricing around on the pre - orders for Hardbone, looks like a good alternative.

Jayd0g wrote: »
    $15 Dollars for worldwide delivery isn't bad! I've been doing some pricing around on the pre - orders for Hardbone, looks like a good alternative.

I think that's the cheapest i've seen Hardbone so far.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/TW-H01-hardbone-2013-Preorder-availliable-on-the-end-of-January/613353_734575290.html

Apparently that particular seller is solid.

Advertisement