Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wirelessly accessing content around the house

• 31-01-2013 5:29pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some tech advice - if there's a more appropriate sub-forum for this please let me know.

I currently have a Western Digital WDTVLiveHub, which I use as a media drive for my TV upstairs. I can add files over my home wireless network, which is slow but dead handy.

What I'd like to do is use another device to access the same content on other TVs in the house. What are my options for this, and would anyone have any advice on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

TrueDub wrote: »
    I'm looking for some tech advice - if there's a more appropriate sub-forum for this please let me know.

I currently have a Western Digital WDTVLiveHub, which I use as a media drive for my TV upstairs. I can add files over my home wireless network, which is slow but dead handy.

What I'd like to do is use another device to access the same content on other TVs in the house. What are my options for this, and would anyone have any advice on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a dovado router and am using plex on my devices at the moment and its working flawlessly!!!!

Basically I have all my files saved on my laptop and I can wirelessly access them on my ps3, ipad, ps3 or wdtv, it works perfect on ALL of them which is something rare!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I have a dovado router and am using plex on my devices at the moment and its working flawlessly!!!!

Basically I have all my files saved on my laptop and I can wirelessly access them on my ps3, ipad, ps3 or wdtv, it works perfect on ALL of them which is something rare!

Thanks for that - I could use an old PC of mine as a server for this. Which version of the Plex app do you use on your WDTV, or have I misunderstood your approach?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Ignore my question - got it working very easily. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

TrueDub wrote: »
    Ignore my question - got it working very easily. Thanks for the tip.

No probs :D

The only issue I am having at the moment is pausing the ps3, it does not resume properly and most of the time goes back to the begining of the movie, but on all other devices it plex works perfect!

bit annoying about the ps3 but can live with it I suppose :o

Advertisement