Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desperate for advice

• 31-01-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

I really hope someone can give some advice.

I returned to to Ireland from the UK in August on the promise of a job. Job didn't happen and couldn't (still can't find) one. So signed on September.

I have given in the documents required from Land Registry etc to help with my Habitual residence.
    They have had my case closed since December and have now given me more documents to get within the next two weeks from the UK.

Now the CWO won't even give me emergency payments and hasn't done for a couple of weeks and has said today the position remains the same until I provide the paperwork.

I have no money, deposit I had for a flat and proceeds from stuff I sold before I came back is well and truly gone.

Is there anything I can do? I have no idea how I'm going to live.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Have you appealed the decision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I can't appeal yet cos I still need to get some more documents into them for the inspector but they are refusing to even give me any emergency payments whilst I try to get the paperwork from england. They need me to write to the revenue to prove I don't owe money???
    And also cos my name came up on the land registry in a completely different part of the country to where I lived, I know have to write to that council and ask to to prove I didn't own that property.
    Its just bonkers!

So, in the meantime for emergency payments is there anywhere else other than the CWO who has said he won't be giving anymore?

So, the officer who making the decision on habitual residence said it can take a year to appeal

Sorry I'm jumbled, I'm just totally freaked out at the moment, I'm also in a position now where all my savings are gone so can't even return to the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Sorry I can't help with the CWO/related queries, but the St. Vincent de Paul might be able to help you out with some vouchers for food and things? Best of luck, I've been in a similar situation.

Cliona99 wrote: »
    Sorry I can't help with the CWO/related queries, but the St. Vincent de Paul might be able to help you out with some vouchers for food and things? Best of luck, I've been in a similar situation.

Is that really it? Next stop St Vincents? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Sorry I'm jumbled, I'm just totally freaked out at the moment, I'm also in a position now where all my savings are gone so can't even return to the UK.

How long were you in UK? If you have paid social contributions there, it may be possible to use them to support an application for jsb. To support your clam that is currently with the CWO, can you not get a letter from someone in good standing in you area, garda, clergyman, teacher,solicitor, GP. peace commissioner, that explains your predicament.

How long were you in UK? If you have paid social contributions there, it may be possible to use them to support an application for jsb. To support your clam that is currently with the CWO, can you not get a letter from someone in good standing in you area, garda, clergyman, teacher,solicitor, GP. peace commissioner, that explains your predicament.

I had lived in the UK for 10 years and stupidly came home to be with my family. I don't really know anyone of standing in the local area as its not where I grew up. Mum and sister moved out of the city.

I'm not sure about the UK Gov supporting my JSB, they have written to make sure I'm not duel claiming. So they are waiting on that info as well. No worries about that, if I could afford to go back to the UK I wouldn't come back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

It might be worth your while contacting the INOU , as Kristopherous said your status in the UK is relevant and shouldn't exclude you from satisfying HRC.

HRC is quite open ended and doesn't have set conditions as such, you must prove that Ireland is to become your permanent base and become your main centre of interest.

I think theres agencys called Crosscare / Safehome who may be able to give a little advice too.

Sorry, please excuse my ignorance, what is the INOU?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Chauncey

Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed. www.inou.ie

• Advertisement

Chauncey wrote: »

Oh thank you, so you think if I give them a ring tomorrow they may be able to point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Citizens Information Centre is always a good first port of call, if there is one near you.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/

Thank you, I'll get in touch with both the INOU and Citizens advice tomorrow.

Chauncey wrote: »

Just been talking to Robert from this organisation and they have been brilliant. Going to see them on Monday. Thank you so much for pointing me in their direction. Can relax a little this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Chauncey

Thanks, but it was actually mattjack's idea. :)
    Anyway, hope you get sorted out soon.

Well thanks everyone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I know this is the state benefits forum and I'm not trying to be smart or anything but what about getting a job?

I mean McDonald's, Tesco, bar work whatever. I find it hard to believe there is nothing at all?

Boskowski wrote: »
    I know this is the state benefits forum and I'm not trying to be smart or anything but what about getting a job?

I mean McDonald's, Tesco, bar work whatever. I find it hard to believe there is nothing at all?

Clearly, you're working, and have no need to look for a job yet. Otherwise you could never say what you said, thereby making you look stupid. In answer to your question, NO - there's very little in the way of jobs and whatever jobs are going even in Tesco's Macky D's or bars (what few of them there are still open), there's very stiff competition. This country is in a deep recession.

Do you not read the papers?

Clearly, you're working, and have no need to look for a job yet. Otherwise you could never say what you said, thereby making you look stupid. In answer to your question, NO - there's very little in the way of jobs and whatever jobs are going even in Tesco's Macky D's or bars (what few of them there are still open), there's very stiff competition. This country is in a deep recession.

Do you not read the papers?
    Well my really young and not qualifies for anything nieces and nephews seem to be getting those kinds of jobs handy enough when they feel like it. Sorry if that's not what it says in the papers.

Well my really young and not qualifies for anything nieces and nephews seem to be getting those kinds of jobs handy enough when they feel like it. Sorry if that's not what it says in the papers.

I am very happy for them. They are young and cheap to hire. For qualified and experienced people like myself, it is a little different.

• Advertisement

I am very happy for them. They are young and cheap to hire. For qualified and experienced people like myself, it is a little different.
    The OP said he is desperate?

For starters I am a "she" and daily apply for everything. I have applied in all the local bars and coffee shops as well as in my "experienced" role in Insurance. (I have offered to take junior roles but was knocked back as I have too much experience)
    I was actually given a trial few days in a local cafe and discovered afterwards that I wasn't to get paid as it was a trial. So, yes I am trying to find work and will take anything.

So wondering where you get off when I'm actually asking for some advice? If I want to get dole bashed I will pop over to After Hours.
    Thank you very much!

Just thought that I would add that my competition in the Insurance market are the thousands of ex employees of Quinn.

I thought I made it clear there was no bashing intended. The other guy turned it into a dole discussion.
    Best of luck! Sorry about the 'he'.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭olcod

Sorry mate, no offence but ARE YOU FOR F***ING REAL !!!!!!!!!. You just spend your days trolling through job sites, cold calling local business etc......... Ah man comments like yours drive me mad :mad::mad::mad:

For starters I am a "she" and daily apply for everything. I have applied in all the local bars and coffee shops as well as in my "experienced" role in Insurance. (I have offered to take junior roles but was knocked back as I have too much experience)
    I was actually given a trial few days in a local cafe and discovered afterwards that I wasn't to get paid as it was a trial. So, yes I am trying to find work and will take anything.

So wondering where you get off when I'm actually asking for some advice? If I want to get dole bashed I will pop over to After Hours.
    Thank you very much!

Just thought that I would add that my competition in the Insurance market are the thousands of ex employees of Quinn.

I know you said you contacted INOU , but try SafeHome too, if you were away 10 years you are a returning emigrant , they may help you with the HRC.

mattjack wrote: »
    I know you said you contacted INOU , but try SafeHome too, if you were away 10 years you are a returning emigrant , they may help you with the HRC.

I'll google them now. Thanks for all your help. :)

I'll google them now. Thanks for all your help. :)

HOLD ON , ITS NOT SAFEHOME...ITS CROSSCARE, Safehome are for older returning immigrants.

mattjack wrote: »
    HOLD ON , ITS NOT SAFEHOME...ITS CROSSCARE, Safehome are for older returning immigrants.

Hahaha, I was wondering why they were on about a retirement village. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Have you applied for care work? It's very difficult to fill positions in this area at the moment. You must be willing to work weekends and nights, and the pay is not great, but there are plenty of jobs and it can be very rewarding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

why would these companies be hiring i work in retail myself and let me tell you nowhere hires until at least april for these kind of jobs everywhere is quiet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement