Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IV/TBOGT PS3 Session?

• 31-01-2013 6:05pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

Well since V has been confirmed as delayed, good a time to throw this up as any I suppose! Just seeing if there is any interest going for an hour or two of GTA IV or preferably The Ballad of Gay Tony every once in awhile? We'll say once a week for the sake of it. Though it could be more regular if there are enough numbers. There's usually a handful of us from here that play a few times during the week as it is, but the more the merrier. Headset isn't really necessary for those that don't have one/not bothered using their one, would help for custom games however.

I personally love racing (great craic if there is half a dozen to more playing) myself but am up for whatever else including Cannonball Run, standard deathmatch, team deathmatch, acting the bollocks in free roam and custom games such as Fugitive and Jason Bourne.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

IN! (beefy78)

Is there a different multiplayer for TBOGT, then? I've got both but only played online on IV (and that was years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

mhm TBOGT MP is different

I've only got the PS3 a brief time, and all I play is IV (TBOGT), so I'd love some friends who don't live in helicopters and have rockets constantly firing all the time, or those who use cheats/mods.

I'm "ChokeslamCena" on PS3. I've no headset but I'll pick one up if it means doing something different in-game every now and again (maybe I'm just a sad bastard but that Jason Bourne thing sounded like a bit of a laugh. A tedious, frustrating laugh, but a laugh nonetheless). :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Beefy78 wrote: »
    IN! (beefy78)

Is there a different multiplayer for TBOGT, then? I've got both but only played online on IV (and that was years ago).

TBOGT has more vehicles (Little Bird Chopper, APC and all round better cars) than IV. Plus... it has parachutes :)

I'll add you later on when I hop online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've only got the PS3 a brief time, and all I play is IV (TBOGT), so I'd love some friends who don't live in helicopters and have rockets constantly firing all the time, or those who use cheats/mods.

I'm "ChokeslamCena" on PS3. I've no headset but I'll pick one up if it means doing something different in-game every now and again (maybe I'm just a sad bastard but that Jason Bourne thing sounded like a bit of a laugh. A tedious, frustrating laugh, but a laugh nonetheless). :)

Its been good fun so far with 4/5, but i can imagine it being a real nervy, heart racer if its a full game looking for 1 guy.

• Advertisement

Shall we schedule some time for this? Maybe the weekend?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Shall we schedule some time for this? Maybe the weekend?

Is there any way, in this technologically advanced world in which we live, that you can do a game with only certain people?

For example, say I know 9 boards people, and I want to play a game only consisting of boards members, is that possible? (I'd assume so, but I'm not a big gamer at all).

Also, if I wish to completely unnecessarily give the kind of abuse to people that would see me in prison if done in any other medium, would this be a good device to do so with?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9129274/Trail/searchtext%3EPS3+HEADSET.htm

I know it's the "official" Sony product, but has anyone actually used it? Or would I be better served to spend a few Euro more on a better pair?

I remember on the 360, there were a lot of people who's mics had a horrible 'buzzing' kind of sound from them. Was quite annoying and something I'd prefer to avoid if possible.

Yup, this weekend sounds good to me. Some of the boardsies I play with should be around then as well. We were on the other day, though it was in the early hours so might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Regarding headsets, I picked up the Trittons for €45 in Argos last month, they're fairly decent. If money isn't an issue, I'd recommend Astros or a Turtlebeach (I miss mine :(, more comfortable) headset. Can't comment myself on the Sony ones, probably will be fine.

I've got a decent set of Turtle Beach ones. PX3. I used to have a cheapo earpiece though and found that fine.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yup, this weekend sounds good to me. Some of the boardsies I play with should be around then as well. We were on the other day, though it was in the early hours so might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Regarding headsets, I picked up the Trittons for €45 in Argos last month, they're fairly decent. If money isn't an issue, I'd recommend Astros or a Turtlebeach (I miss mine :(, more comfortable) headset. Can't comment myself on the Sony ones, probably will be fine.

Well if anyone fancines saying Hola to me, I'd be happy to blow your face into the side of a tree.

Appreciate the advice regarding headsets. I think I'll just pick up some cheapo one somewhere then and see how I get on. Though the Sony one at ~€23 doesn't seem too bad.

• Advertisement

Basketball schedule depending, might be on tonight if there is a few others on. Tomorrow would suit me better though it must be said.

I'm going out later but will fire this up this evening from about 8ish. If anyone is around then let me know. Otherwise I'm just going to get some practice in anyway. I've not played GTA IV in a couple of years so am well out of the habit of it.

Was playing there tonight for a good few hours. Had a great time playing it surprisingly. Was quite a fast paced game and lots of inventive murdering going on.

There were about 11 of us in there kicking ass... Until someone joined the game and had invincibility and started spawning helicopters with new paint schemes, etc. and people got tired of it quickly and left en-masse. Really took the fun out of the game. Not sure what the point was. I hung around longer than most, but within about 5 minutes of joining a really fun game, the guy modding things was practically sitting there on his own like a plank.

Thankfully I was heading off anyway, but I'd hate to have just turned it on and be getting into the swing of things and settled in for a long game and some toolbox ruins it. Prat.

If you're online man (likewise beefy), just give us a shout on PSN. I'm sometimes prone to tunnel vision (especially when on something like Battlefield 3) so might not check my friends list a few hours at a time. Been a tad distracted lately just ranking up as quickly as possibly before Tomb Raider is out, only 16 ranks more to go before I can give BF3 a break! I'll ask the other lads on Skype later on if they're up for a session this week sometime.

Advertisement