Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Foreign Language School

• 31-01-2013 6:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I am opening a new online language school with French, Spanish, Chinese & Portuguese being the languages involved initially. The classes will be done with professional, certified teachers through skype or google video chat. Therefore you do not need to leave your own house to have a class one to one. I am setting up a little poll to see if people would be interested in this

Would you be interested in online language classes? 0 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes
    Maybe
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

micromary wrote: »
    I am opening a new online language school with French, Spanish, Chinese & Portuguese being the languages involved initially. The classes will be done with professional, certified teachers through skype or google video chat. Therefore you do not need to leave your own house to have a class one to one. I am setting up a little poll to see if people would be interested in this
    Interested. Well, curious anyway.

Are they one to one? How much do you intend on charging?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Yes. They will be one to one. We will not bbe offering group classes starting off. The prices will be €25 for 1 hour starting off but there will be bulk rates as well. We are also going to have an introductury offer of €20 for 1 month when the school starts on 25th of Feb.

Yes. They will be one to one. We will not bbe offering group classes starting off. The prices will be €25 for 1 hour starting off but there will be bulk rates as well. We are also going to have an introductury offer of €20 for 1 month when the school starts on 25th of Feb.

Would you send me a pm when you start please?
    I don't think you can post it in this thread. As it would be seen as spam.
    I might be interested in french classes.

I wouldn't be sure about a group class dynamic over skype.
    I can't picture it working smoothly.

I think showing the prices would not be a problem. In any case nothing is set in stone at the moment. As I say group classes won't be offered unless we are are completely sure that first of all one to one classes run perfect and second of all group classes will be effective! I can pm you the website if you so wish. It ain't finished and there is still work to be done doing up changing these etc but it gives you the gest of what it about and the teachers involved. Write back an I will pm you.

• Advertisement

I think showing the prices would not be a problem.

I meant I don't think you can put a link to your website.

Send away there please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

I think showing the prices would not be a problem. In any case nothing is set in stone at the moment. As I say group classes won't be offered unless we are are completely sure that first of all one to one classes run perfect and second of all group classes will be effective! I can pm you the website if you so wish. It ain't finished and there is still work to be done doing up changing these etc but it gives you the gest of what it about and the teachers involved. Write back an I will pm you.

Sorry, no offense, but if I were trying to offer a language service I would first ensure that I could display a good level of written English to prospective customers. I know it's only Boards and not an official letter but it's just a pet hate of mine to see poor punctuation and spelling from a linguist.

Do me a favour and get a grip of reality. If you do not like the post, then simply dont reply.
    FWVT wrote: »
    Sorry, no offense, but if I were trying to offer a language service I would first ensure that I could display a good level of written English to prospective customers. I know it's only Boards and not an official letter but it's just a pet hate of mine to see poor punctuation and spelling from a linguist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Do me a favour and get a grip of reality. If you do not like the post, then simply dont reply.

It was actually meant as constructive criticism but if you want to ignore it then fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Well you know Micromary, FWVT is right - your written English is pretty awful. I'm just saying this because it would be pretty difficult to get customers if you can't write proper English in the first place.
    Again this is meant to be helpful criticism. Please accept it in the spirit intended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement