Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Youghal

Options
  • 31-01-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a restaurant recommendation in Youghal. Just something with a simple lunch menu, where we can have a glass of wine (so must be within the town itself so we can walk back to hotel). What I'm really looking for are some nice sea views from the table :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

quays pub (centre of town near tourist office) or walter raleigh hotel, think you would stuck for sea views in most other places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

No sea views, but the Old Imperial Hotel in the centre of town is a really lively pub with a restaurant in the back - their food is absolutely out of this world and really reasonable. 3 course meal for €25 afair. Couldn't recommend it more!

Capri Bay on South Main Street, near the Clock Gate, is a really nice italian restaurant too.

You can't see the sea from the Walter Raleigh really, not from the ground floor where the bar is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

No sea views, but the Old Imperial Hotel in the centre of town is a really lively pub with a restaurant in the back - their food is absolutely out of this world and really reasonable. 3 course meal for €25 afair. Couldn't recommend it more!

I saw this place on At Your Service and the food looked fantastic, it's on my list of places to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

I ate in Sage on the main street a few weeks ago. Food was delicious, but it's on the street so no sea views. It's more a coffee shop but they do lunches/soup etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

chickey wrote: »
    quays pub (centre of town near tourist office) or walter raleigh hotel, think you would stuck for sea views in most other places

I've eaten in the Walter Raleigh a couple of times, and not enjoyed the food at all.

Agreed, the food in the Old Imperial is really good, never had any complaints from anyone who I've been there with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Well if you fancied really good sea views you could always go up to the golf club. Food is good too. Easy walk down hill to your hotel. Which one are you staying in???

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Actually forget that. Just heard over the weekend that the kitchen has closed in the golf club recently. The girl operating it did not renew lease. She did a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Stugots

Dermo123 wrote: »
    Actually forget that. Just heard over the weekend that the kitchen has closed in the golf club recently. The girl operating it did not renew lease. She did a good job.

Good news - new caterer has started in Youghal Golf Club as of last weekend. First weekend reviews were great. The panoramic views of Youghal Bay and the mouth of the river from the restaurant are unbeatable.

Advertisement