Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths in External Leaving Cert

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From that page:

Please note that Foundation Level is available in Irish and Maths only.

This does not mean you can only do Foundation. It means there is only Foundation Level available in Irish and Maths, not English.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Freemind

spurious wrote: »
    From that page:

Please note that Foundation Level is available in Irish and Maths only.

This does not mean you can only do Foundation. It means there is only Foundation Level available in Irish and Maths, not English.

But why can't external candidates sit Irish and Maths at Higher or Ordinary Level? They could last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Read spurious' post again. Only foundation level maths and Irish are available. In other words you couldn't sit foundation level History. Not external students, not mature students, not anyone. Because only foundation level maths and Irish exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Freemind

Moody_mona wrote: »
    Read spurious' post again. Only foundation level maths and Irish are available. In other words you couldn't sit foundation level History. Not external students, not mature students, not anyone. Because only foundation level maths and Irish exist.

Sorry. Thanks, I get it now! I should have eaten my weetabix today!

Advertisement