Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does a college know you've already got a degree?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I went to college in the 90s and recently met someone I graduated with who has returned to college to do a second unrelated degree in the same college we both graduated from, and was a bit surprised to find out he isn't paying fees! Didn't want to pry (well I did actually but didn't have the nerve!) - surely they would have his PPSI number and DOB on file and know that he already has a level 8 degree????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

I know someone that tried to apply to a college as a mature student. They started sending him e-mails saying that he is already a current student! He wasn't...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I'm sure he'll be getting a polite phone call some day stating that they've noticed some "irregularities" with his admission. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Mine didn't ask for my PPS number... in fact I didn't have one until after I registered.
    Possibly a different system was being used in the 90's as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

How sure are you he has a degree? Maybe he didn't actually complete it out. I've seen that happen. I've also seen colleges lose the final results of a student which meant they never got their qualification.

College admin are people too. Mistakes can happen. :)

Advertisement