Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday to nyc

Options
  • 31-01-2013 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi guys.

My girlfriend and myself are thinking of going to NYC this year on holidays. We have never been before.

Could someone advise us what the best time of year to go is ?
    The best place to get a price for flights and hotels ?
    Around how much would it cost for a week for flights and a ok'ish hotel based on your experiences ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Hi guys.

My girlfriend and myself are thinking of going to NYC this year on holidays. We have never been before.

Could someone advise us what the best time of year to go is ?
    The best place to get a price for flights and hotels ?
    Around how much would it cost for a week for flights and a ok'ish hotel based on your experiences ?

Thanks.

I would say around thanks giving time. Try sky scanner for flights. I can't help with hotels as we stay with family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I'm going with my girlfriend in May for 1 week, we got return flights and a hotel in Manhattan for 850 each . We got the flights on Sky Scanner for 350, a steal. Got the hotel on booking.com for 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm going with my girlfriend in May for 1 week, we got return flights and a hotel in Manhattan for 850 each . We got the flights on Sky Scanner for 350, a steal. Got the hotel on booking.com for 500.

Care to name the hotel? The data (got the hotel .. for 500) is meaningless otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

A hotel in Manhattan for a week at 500 is a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

coylemj wrote: »

Care to name the hotel? The data (got the hotel .. for 500) is meaningless otherwise.

The OP asked where was a good place to get prices for a hotel and I said booking.com. The hotel is the Howard Johnson in Soho and the flights are Shannon to JFK with Delta. Flights, ESTA and an okish hotel for a week for me and my girlfriend came in at 869 each.

• Advertisement
Advertisement