Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jago in the garden

• 31-01-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Until now I left jago inside, in the kitchen with access to the garden.
    Outside he has his crate and a blanket.
    In the last days he has been able to open the kitchen door and my flatmate room door and destroy his stuff.
    Already 3 times.
    I don't have the keys of the doors unfortunately, will try to get them, but until them I think I will need to leave jago in the garden.

Maybe because I am italian I feel sorry for him, for me would be too cold :rolleyes:

The wood crate that is outside is a bit old, was already there since my landlord dog, I will post a photo.
    I will put a lot of blankets... do you think he will be fine?

He is a mixed setter, 4 months old very active.

I will leave him in the morning, come back for lunch break and then again in the afternoon.
    I would prefer to not crate him indoor as are a lot of hours (4 every time, and if for some reason I would have a problem at work?? )

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

The kennel looks grand,what I would do is raise it up off the ground with either a wooden palette or some bricks.If you could fit a plastic dog bed in as well with his blankets in it would make it nice & cosy for him.Leave out toys and bone to keep him amused until you get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've always found straw or hay good for bedding, especially in the winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

The kennel is not "on the floor" but there is a part under to keep it a bit higher.
    I put inside his "bed" and two blankets, I gave him is stuffed kong and toys and went out.
    I came back to check him and he was eating his kong all happy outside the kennel in a sleeping bag that was mine and now is not anymore grrr :)

I hope he will be fine :S
    He is never barking and I hope he will not bark or cry in the garden.
    I bought a wireless cam with a certificate gift that I will receive in the next few days so I can monitor him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lol at the photo of him on the jumping on the kennel!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

eheheh yes I will find him as snoopy sleeping ON the kennel instead than inside it :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement