Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 2 help

• 31-01-2013 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

So I done P1 and probably failed, i have about 4 days to prepare for P2 now and really want to turn it around!!

Can someone help me what to revise? What topics should I choose and what is important in them?

If anyone has done the examcraft HL P2 , hints are also accepted, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Enter Spurious with a witty line before announcing coldly "Thread Closed"...

But eh paper 2 all about good knowledge of the co-ordinate geometry, stats and probability and maybe few proofs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Topics that come up often include:
    - Cirle/Line Co-ordinate Geometry
    - Geometry (Know your theorems and your geometry notation! Be able to give reasons for things and prove different scenarios on the fly)
    - Trigonometry (As far as I know it always makes up at least one major question - that's my experience anyway. Know the Sine Rule, Cosine rule and when to use each. If it's right angled remember Pythagoras and how to use Sin/Cos/Tan)

I haven't covered these yet and so my mock was edited to exclude them, but from the sample papers these tend to make up a major part of paper 2:

-Statistics
    -Probability

My opinion is more informed from the sample papers I've looked over than my mock (which was chopped and changed to accommodate for that fact that's we've still a lot of ground to cover Paper 2 wise) so any hints to your mock are unintentional. But if you can handle all of the above (or most of it) you should be grand.

Advertisement