Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ABACHELOR OF BUSINESS IN MANAGEMENT LYIT

• 31-01-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anyone give me information on this course in LYIT such as is it hard and would it re recommended for a person who never took business for leaving cert

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

I do accountancy but looking at the business modules for the first 2 years I think we've covered all of the same modules at some point. Didn't find any of them particularly hard but it depends how much you're willing to put into it I guess. Let's just say a lot of people in my own class enjoyed the "social aspect" of college on a fairly regular basis and still managed to scrape a pass. As long as you don't miss many classes, you should be able to stay on top of the work easily enough, and still enjoy the nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭loi09

And is the modules complex with alot of maths ? And is the hours long for your course thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

loi09 wrote: »
    And is the modules complex with alot of maths ? And is the hours long for your course thanks!

Nah not really, in the first 4 semesters there are only 3 "mathy" modules, Cost Accounting, Economics and Statistics, neither of them are that hard, but like any module, they become harder the worse your attendance rate is.

The theory subjects aren't too hard to understand, but the one problem I had with them was that I thought there was far a lot that you needed to learn if you wanted to cover yourself for whatever might come up in the exams. Still though, you'll find that some of the lecturers will point you in the right direction when it comes to figuring out what to study for, at least in the first 2 years (can't speak much for third year, only module we did in accountancy that would also be covered by the management stream was Human Resource Management.

Advertisement