Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work contract

Options
  • 31-01-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,my problem is that i have a bar and catering contract(pt) in my place of work but now the catering has been handed over to a franchisee and im unclear as to what hours or rate of pay i will have with the new employer so therefor dont want to transfer over to them.I would much rather continue with my original contract and just work in the bar but have been told if i dont transfer over to new franchisee that i am resigning my position.Does anyone know if they can do this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well as it's a Irish transfer of business you'd keep your existing terms and salary with the transfer; as for not transferring then yes they could let you go simply because the position you have no longer exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adamy

Even if there is still work in the bar for me? if i transfer they will have to employ someone else for the bar anyway so why cant i just stay where im happy?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

adamy wrote: »
    Even if there is still work in the bar for me? if i transfer they will have to employ someone else for the bar anyway so why cant i just stay where im happy?

Yes as your original dual role is no longer available

Advertisement