Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is lending (mortgage) at the moment?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

We moved back to Ireland in 2011 after living in uk for 10 years - are renting since then but looking to apply for mortgage this year. Would usually want to avoid multiple applications so wondering whether to use a broker or if there are really very few lenders in reality, whether to just approach them directly - if so who? BOI, AIB, Esb, UB?
    Many thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The big guys (AIB and BoI) have been making many claims in the media of late that they are upping their mortgage lending in a big way this year. This may well be true but I am sure that they are still only going to lend to 'safe bets' who have what look like permanent (as can be) jobs and big deposits.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/buzz-in-housing-market-sees-rise-in-mortgage-demand-more-loans-3370992.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lollymob

Hi scunners, I got approved for a joint mortgage just before Christmas with Bank of Ireland! I didn't use a broker, I dealt directly with them! Found them fine to deal with and once I had all paperwork in order we had approval within 10 days!
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 scunners

Thanks NIMAN and lollybob, and congrats lollybob - hope you found a nice place to buy, might start with BOI as I bank with then anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lollymob

scunners wrote: »
    Thanks NIMAN and lollybob, and congrats lollybob - hope you found a nice place to buy, might start with BOI as I bank with then anyway!
    Mortgage is for a self build.... Give me strength!!! :) Best of luck!

Advertisement