Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To do in Dublin weekend evening

Options
  • 31-01-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Howdie,
    I'm looking for something to do for a tourist on a weekend evening in Dublin city. I know dear ol Dublin is great for restaurants and trad(ish) bars that are well packed. It just doesnt seem too easy to find anything beyond the usual food and booze, something a little more than the consumer-herd pay-top-dollar-and-get-the-f-out mentality. Sincere apologies for my attitude :( Is there a web site of good recommendations? - I'm probably missing something...
    Thank You!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hey dude. Moved your post from after hours to Dublin forum.

You'll get better answers here.

What weekend is it for?

Perhaps there's some entertainment on during specific dates you aren't yet aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pat2000

ok cool, well its this weekend, but just in general the info out there on the net is a bit rough and ready to be honest / doesn't seem to be any great useful single source of info / some of the "official" sites throw you to stuff that finished up a month ago etc etc... Was just wondering if anyone had any interesting suggestions or recommended web sites. - but thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

http://lecool.com/dublin/en/current_issue
    usually has some quirky interesting stuff on.

Not having a go at you, but this comes up a bit with people looking for non-pub related stuff to do - most european cities that I've been to do not have their museums/art galleries etc open on a friday/saturday night so why do people think Dublin should or that it's odd that these place are not open in the evening thus forcing them into pubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

I've found lots of stuff to do here: http://www.dublineventguide.com/

It covers free events, both day and nighttime, but you might find something of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭kiva989

http://www.dublin.ie/entertainment/home.htm

Good website with a rage of activities

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sportswise; League of Ireland runs March - Oct with the majority of kick offs @ 7.30pm on a Friday evening and the majority of the clubs based in Dublin.

Leinster often play Rabo games on Friday/Saturday evenings.

Dublin have been playing a good few games under lights recently; last Saturday's Allianz League opener an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sumeas

Check out www.irishmusicbartour.com from Thurs to Sun, very entertaining

Advertisement