Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan bus lane

Options
  • 31-01-2013 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

Coming up chapel hill and bearing left there is a bus lane going along the lucan road facing the vets and gunshop on right hand side with st edmonsbury wall ? on left,The times for use are 07.00 till 09.30 and thats it,Yet anytime I have gone along there later on in the day I am the only one using it, I feel lonely why is this ;):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

People don't know how to use bus lanes. Simples! :)

I often use it myself and it's quite funny to see the indignant faces as you pass people if the traffic is backed up from the main junction at the overbridge (as it often is when the schools close at 3).
    The only danger is eejits who seem to think they can straddle the two lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

With most bus lanes being 24 hour people just assume that this one is too. The one on the Johns Rd from the roundabout to Heuston is similar,a morning and evening exclusion period but most people stay out of it during the day time because they think it's 24 hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

People just assume it is like most other bus lanes,

My Friend told me the story of his father getting pulled over there because even the Gaurd didn't know the time of that one.

Advertisement