Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade: S3 or nexus 4?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭marko_polo1234

bricky06 wrote: »
    then a crafty Xperia Z came on the sceen and I'm back to square 1.

Im in the same position as you now Sony Xperia Z vs Samsung GS3 v nexus 4 with an upgrade towards the end of the month!
    :/

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Yeah, it's not a great place to be in, I did some good research into the Z and that's pretty much what I'm going with now.
    I managed to get a buyer for my DHD so I'm happy enough. Also there are decent headphones being given away with the Z if you pre-order so these would be nice, or at least worth a few quid to sell on and get back some cash spent on the phone.

2 concerns:
    1. Meteor put an extortionate price on the Z.
    2. I need to figure out how to reduce the size of those software keys taking up valuable screen real estate.

bricky06 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not a great place to be in, I did some good research into the Z and that's pretty much what I'm going with now.
    I managed to get a buyer for my DHD so I'm happy enough. Also there are decent headphones been given away with the Z if you pre-order so these would be nice, or at least worth a few quid to sell on and get back some cash spent on the phone.

2 concerns:
    1. Meteor put an extortionate price on the Z.
    2. I need to figure out how to reduce the size of those software keys taking up valuable screen real estate.

Im on three, so hopefully i could get these too ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Another thing with Sony is that there terribly slow for releasing updates if you plan not to root your pone

And also, every new release is there flagship model

The Sony S (which I own) came out in March '12, since then atleast 5 new models have been released for example here

plus I'm still waiting on JB to be released

Another thing with Sony is that there terribly slow for releasing updates if you plan not to root your pone

And also, every new release is there flagship model

The Sony S (which I own) came out in March '12, since then atleast 5 new models have been released for example here

plus I'm still waiting on JB to be released

I know that but this is the first sony smartphone to raise the bar in terms of competition and the critics are saying that this is real contender to the Galaxy S3/Note 2 for the title of best smartphone and I wouldnt be surprised if those handset sold by the millions and thus Sony would be forced to release updates for this phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I know that but this is the first sony smartphone to raise the bar in terms of competition and the critics are saying that this is real contender to the Galaxy S3/Note 2 for the title of best smartphone and I wouldnt be surprised if those handset sold by the millions and thus Sony would be forced to release updates for this phone

Actually this is the first Android phone of any manufacturer where Sony are actively working with the xda community and offering alphas of kernels and the like to bedroom hackers - there is a bright future in the modding community for this phone, more so than maybe even the nexus 4.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Hopefully anyways cos it's a contender for my next phone
    Fieldog wrote: »
    Actually this is the first Android phone of any manufacturer where Sony are actively working with the xda community and offering alphas of kernels and the like to bedroom hackers - there is a bright future in the modding community for this phone, more so than maybe even the nexus 4.....

Good to know, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

I know I will eventually be rooting and changing roms but I would like to hold out for as long as possible because some of the baked in software like the camera app, the battery saving mode and the bravia engine look great. So hopefully updates don't take too long.

Does anyone here have any experience in changing the size of the navigation bar for phones with software keys?

Advertisement