Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electrolysis experience

• 31-01-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can post about their experiences with electrolysis and also looking for recommendations for a good practitioner..pm me if necessary!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Hiya. I've not had it done but I own a salon & the people who get it done love it. It's really popular & they keep coming back. It's more older people who get it done as laser has really taken over. The price is reasonable too..I'll be a guinea pig for a staff to practice on during the summer so sorry no personal experience. I'd say it takes a long time to get the lasting results. Sorry I can't be of more help. I don't have recommendqtions for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Thank you. It seems not many people or boardsies anyway have experience..I started getting it on my face about 6 weeks ago..20 minutes every week...it's expensive and a long process but if I knew it would work I wouldn't mind so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Well I hope you get good results. The people I see over a long time seem to come back for 10 then 5 minutes. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

hi, it can take time for it to work I think the key is the spacing of the appointments too, in the first few months you may need to go once every 2 weeks depending on hair growth. Never pluck between treatments, just trim if you need to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

It's more older people who get it done as laser has really taken over.

I don't really get this comment. Laser is more effective on people with dark hair, electrolysis on those with light hair.

I had one session of electrolysis done. It was painful enough (like a small needle going into your skin) and I had spots in the area for a while after. Couldn't afford any more sessions so can't tell you how effective it was.

I got it done in Ann McDevitt on Wicklow St

http://www.annemcdevitt.com/

Advertisement